Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone had a dating scan at the john Radcliffe Oxford?!?!?!

(8 Posts)
duzzlightyearsmum Tue 25-Feb-14 10:06:59

Was just checking my letter fully to see how much liquid I have to drink and how far in advance and it doesn't say anything?!?! Anyone that's had a scan at the Jr could you please help!!!! Thank you xxx

moomin35 Tue 25-Feb-14 10:37:27

i didnt drink any, they have a water machine there if there is an issue so you could just fill up with water there & then..

nc060 Tue 25-Feb-14 11:15:22

I hvae my 13 weeks scan today and my letter says 2 pints in the hour before scan xx

susietab2 Tue 25-Feb-14 12:21:48

Hi!

I had my dating scan at the JR. I just drank enough so that my bladder was full by the time I went in. Carried a bottle of water with me and drank it on the way to the hospital and in the waiting room. The lady doing the scan was really grateful as it made the images so much clearer and as soon as she'd finish looking at the baby she said I must be very uncomfortable and told me to go to the loo before continuing the appointment! Was very grateful! HTH

mumto3beauts Tue 25-Feb-14 19:11:01

I remember from my last pregnancy dd is 3, that they had a cold water machine there, but they have since moved up to level 4. I have my dating scan on Monday and my letter just says make sure you have a full bladder.

Clca Tue 25-Feb-14 19:42:48

Hi

I had all my scans at the JR and gave birth there (you're in really good hands!)

Don't worry too much, as long as you don't go for a wee just before you go in you'll be fine. Just sip water before you go

Good luck! smile

Larty74 Tue 25-Feb-14 19:51:14

Ive had two at the JR and both times i drank too much and they were quite happy to let me empty my bladder either before or during the scan which actually helped them out a bit!

duzzlightyearsmum Tue 25-Feb-14 21:18:24

Thanks for the help everyone! My letter doesn't even say about having a full bladder :s

Will just aim to drink a bit then and definitely will not go for a wee! Just weird cos last time round with DS the letter had a very specific amount and time on the letter so was rather confused that this letter says nothing!!!

Thanks again smile xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now