Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm feeling really sorry for myself

(10 Posts)
Cybercat Tue 25-Feb-14 09:27:08

I'm sorry but this is going to be a self indulgent whinge. I will be 11 weeks pregnant on Thursday and because of previous MC (and a little cramping/spotting) I had a scan at 9+6 where everything was fine.

I've come down with a chesty cough, it's horrible, a sore throat, constant headache, exhaustion and I'm too warm. GP says I can take paracetamol and co-codamol if I need it.

I'm sick of being ill. I'm worried it might affect my pregnancy, I know I will be bitched about at work for being off and I'm a hormonal, snivelling wreck.

Please tell me to get a grip.

kotinka Tue 25-Feb-14 09:34:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

emmajbxxx Tue 25-Feb-14 09:44:35

Forget about work bitching! Who cares? I've had the same but you and your babies health come first. Go to the doctor and get signed off and rest for a week until you feel better xx

Cybercat Tue 25-Feb-14 09:47:58

Thank you both.

Iona1651 Tue 25-Feb-14 10:19:54

Sod what they think of you at work! I used to care what they thought and it's got me nowhere. They'll probably just think of you as a number. The priority is to look after yourself. That was my new year's motto and I've stuck to it - so glad as I'm not being treated the best. However, I've had such a crap 2 years trying to get pregnant that my health and baby's health is my priority and always will be. I hope you're feeling better - get some rest and relax. xx

Jess03 Tue 25-Feb-14 10:55:22

Yes why worry about what nasty people think? Having dc is a life changing thing even if the first trimester is horrendous...try and relax and get better!

Cybercat Tue 25-Feb-14 11:49:54

I know

Cybercat Tue 25-Feb-14 11:53:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jess03 Tue 25-Feb-14 11:58:38

What a total cow! Can you mention it to your mgr? Sounds bullying to me.

Caterinas2014 Tue 25-Feb-14 12:06:15

Don't worry about a job and just take care about yourself. I'm 10 weeks and I got a cold when I was about 7-8 weeks. Simple cold will not affect your pregnancy, just be sure you control your body temperature.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now