Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bugaboo cameleon or Silver cross country club? HELP ME!! lol

(11 Posts)
Rosie2011 Mon 24-Feb-14 18:51:52

Hello !
Need some pushchair advice!
I really do not know which one to choose. My favorite so far is the silver cross one. I think it looks alot more comfy and classy than the bugaboo. They are changing the silver cross country club one and relaunching in April whether its just the price, who knows. I know everyone loves the Bugaboo but it really does not look that comfy, especially when its changed into a buggy without the cot attached. Where do the kiddies arms go?! Anyway if anyone has a bugaboo or silver cross country club can you let me know your thoughts..... I just get the feeling when i look at the bugaboo that it looks cheap even though its one of the most expensive ones on the market! I need a good sturdy pram as i have two loopy dogs! Thank you in advance for advice x grin

Sundaedelight Mon 24-Feb-14 18:58:37

We had Silver Cross linear freeway (v similar I think) and it was great for us. It was a difficult one to keep putting in the car etc but we were walking everywhere and it was soooo comfy. Plus it takes BIG toddlers, giving them lots of room to sleep. The big shopping basket was ace. So, definitely recommend if you are going to be doing lots of walking!

Blueberry234 Mon 24-Feb-14 19:05:43

I have a bugaboo which I used with my Son and is is great condition despite being roughly handled, off road walking etc. my 3 year old will still if bribed have a nap in it and still is comfy. Never needed to get an umbrella fold along the way. Only thing is I which the buffalo had been out as I like the idea of one folding unit rather than it coming apart into 2

Tomkat79 Mon 24-Feb-14 19:06:00

They seem to be so different I'm surprised you've chosen these two to compare. Are you looking at a bug because you think you should like it?

I've had a bug cam and bee and loved them both. Certainly don't feel flimsy or cheap with LO in them.

Go with what you like, think you've made your mind up wink

MaccaPaccaismyNemesis Mon 24-Feb-14 19:13:12

I have a bugaboo bee and Frog (old style cam) and they are both brilliant. I only see Silver Crosses with babies in them so not sure how compatible they are with using beyond babyhood. My bugaboo happily holds my 2 year old and still feels light and manoeuvrable.

Rosie2011 Mon 24-Feb-14 19:15:03

Tom Kat i think its because bugaboo are meant to be known for being amazing and silver cross is quite an old make so i thought i could not really go wrong with those two. I suppose iam looking at the bug because i think i should like it. i went to the baby show at the weekend and you couldnt get near the bugaboo stand. I just want to make sure that both the pram and buggy part are comfy for the baby and lasts. I know the silver cross is a little difficult to take apart so that was my only bug with it. However that might be a really essential part of having a good pram/buggy. Its my first baby so im really unsure! x

Rosie2011 Mon 24-Feb-14 19:17:14

http://www.silvercrossbaby.com/pram-systems/linear-freeway-2013/special-edition-country-club/ i think this is the same as yours then just a limited edition because of colours etc. doyou think? SUNDAEDELIGHT

Sundaedelight Mon 24-Feb-14 19:42:47

Yes, it is the same. It's a very sturdy buggy and far from flimsy! DC could sleep lying down with feet tucked in until 2 (like being in a pram again) which was great for days out and it has great shelter from rain and wind. Could do long naps in it! I loved it and it certainly is really comfortable for LOnes.

Downside: not ideal for a car. Have put a stroller in the car now for quick shopping which it is not so comfy or roomy and keep the SC for day to day use. SC still roomier in comparison.

Used the pram for nearly the whole first year and then switched to pushchair mode.

Rosie2011 Mon 24-Feb-14 19:45:51

Thanks Sundaedelight. Was it quite difficult to take apart? That is what i thought when i looked at the pram, i could imagine a baby all snugged up in there and its quite wide as a buggy. However im worried about the ease of it and putting it in car etc. We are getting a new car an estate as we have a little lupo that barely fits the dogs in so will need to get a bigger car. can imagine me getting the pram then the car to fit the pram lol! x

Sundaedelight Mon 24-Feb-14 19:57:46

It does need a big boot as both the pram/seat and wheels bit are quite bulky. It's quite heavy to lift in and out on a frequent basis but probably no more than any other pram combos. Hence it suited us best for using it from home although we did take it out too! It's a great pram for walking everywhere, if that makes sense?

It's not difficult to take apart once you are familiar with the system, my mum could do it which is always a good test! It is definitely a snuggler! Don't know how big your dogs are but they could probably hitch a ride!

Minnieisthedevilmouse Mon 24-Feb-14 20:02:28

Bugaboo. Seriously if you can afford it. Buy it. It's bloody marvellous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now