Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

who am i? (pg related rant)

(9 Posts)
peeapod Mon 24-Feb-14 16:20:59

iv hit a low.

I havent washed my hair in weeks cos it makes me too dizzy. Im sick of wearing jogging bottoms and things that make me feel invisible. I have no sense of style but then with only 10 weeks left cant really afford to get any other clothes, and all my current clothes are slowly (quickly) becoming unwearable.

Its not that I dont want to be pregnant, i have just lost all sense of who I am in all of this. I just feel like I am in a void of not quite being a mum but not quite being anything else.

im just really struggling. with all the things I have to do (medically wise.. injections etc) and all the things I can't do. No, you cant eat that, pick that up, do that, watch yourself.

feel like wrapping myself up in bubble wrap for the remainder.. ughh..

ithoughtofitfirst Mon 24-Feb-14 17:01:20

Ergh. I felt like that. You poor thing.

Got it all to come again very soon.

Would anything help?? Like getting a manicure or a haircut? Lame suggestion?!

mrsmugoo Mon 24-Feb-14 17:15:28

I hear you on the clothing - at 37 weeks none of my maternity clothes fit. I am resorting to maternity leggings rolled down under the bump as they won't fit over it anymore, stretchy long vest top and massive baggy cardy over the top. I look hideous so i'm leaving the house on a "need to" basis only now!

Writerwannabe83 Mon 24-Feb-14 19:39:43

I'm 35+3 and have just hit the wall too!! smile

I only have about two outfits that fit me now, I look quite trampy in general and I've gone from feeling like a blossoming 'Yummy Mummy' to now feeling like a huge, wobbly incubator. I've been told by two people in the last week how much weight I've put on in my face.....great, just what I wanted to hear, thanks for that hmm

I just go through the motions now on a day to day basis, pop my pills, grimace through the painful movements and just count down the days until it's over smile

Littlebean13 Mon 24-Feb-14 19:54:48

Urghh writer I've also been told twice this week my face as got fatter. Great boost of confidence isn't it hmm
Op I totally sympathise with you. I'm 39weeks so it's a matter of any day now but I just seem to have hit a wall where I cannot be bothered anymore. I literally live in my pjz as nothing fits me and I refuse can't afford to buy any more maternity gear now I'm so close to my due date.
Don't worry your not alone in feeling like you do.

peeapod Tue 25-Feb-14 08:21:43

thanks. im glad im not the only one. recognising it helps so its easier to do something about it.. smile

Charingcrossbun Tue 25-Feb-14 08:56:29

I feel your pain! Am 38weeks tomorrow and finding myself is tricky!! I have recently rediscovered my summer maxi-dresses (with cardis) I probably look like a walking tent but they are super comfy and feel more me than maternity gear....

KitKat1985 Tue 25-Feb-14 11:20:25

Maybe treat yourself to a hair appointment and / or a nice manicure or massage or something? Or buy yourself something nice like a new handbag or gadget? Anything that is about you rather than about being pregnant per se? x

KiwiBanana Tue 25-Feb-14 11:41:19

I felt so much like that with DS and am starting to feel like it with this one (24 weeks).
The only thing I can recommend is looking forward to the future when your clothes will fit, you will look and feel good and your body is your own again. After DS I actually enjoyed exercising having previously hated it, it felt good to be working on something that will make me feel good.

This is a short period in your life, a sacrifice you have to make to get your lovely baby. It's not forever but your baby will be.

^^ that's what I've been telling myself anyway grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now