Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Question for those on cyclyzine or other anti sickness drugs.

(4 Posts)
Sahkoora Mon 24-Feb-14 14:56:59

Had hyperemesis in my last pregnancy and suspect I would have had it this time if the doctor hadn't prescribed me anti sickness meds as soon as I started throwing up.

I hit 6wks today and feeling like death. I'm being sick as soon as I get out of bed and feeling nauseous and weak all day, can barely function.

My question is, is this the best I can expect or should I ask the doc to increase my dose? Anyone living a normal life on anti emetics? I'm taking 3 a day at the moment.

thanks.

LavenderFox Mon 24-Feb-14 16:30:54

You may need to go on a different tablet because cyclizine can't be increased past the maximum dose of 50mg three times a day. If you read the hyperemesis thread you'll find most mums have to try a few different ones until they find something that works. Avomine and Zofran are considered perhaps a bit stronger than cyclizine, Zofran was even banned for a while but it has been found to be safe again after new studies.

Wearing sickness bands 24/7 helped me on top of anti-emetics, and also taking loads of b6. I also took lots of heartburn medication which helped after the sickness and weird eating habits made my tummy really weird. I quite like the taste of Gaviscon and the idea of throwing up that rather than a mixture of salty crisps and mandarins made me feel more relaxed....Most Rennie and Gaviscon type of stuff is perfectly safe in pregnancy.

MrsM2013 Mon 24-Feb-14 16:31:08

3 a day cyclizine is the max dose.
If it isn't working there are other options so get back down your GPs.

livingzuid Mon 24-Feb-14 20:46:44

Hi also pop along to the Hyperemesis thread as the pp said for lots of support and advice smile sorry you are suffering.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now