Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else really uncomfortable with a breech baby?

(16 Posts)
Loopylouu Mon 24-Feb-14 10:52:37

35 weeks this week and baby is breech.

I cannot find a comfortable position to sit or lay down in. All I can feel is her head in my ribs and kicks to the cervix and bladder. And she is facing forward, so all I can feel is little hands/fists going across the middle of my bump.

Having a section anyway, so am not too fussed about her turning (and I don't really want her to tbh, I felt/saw her turn breech at 33 weeks, it was like something out of alien and so painful! Saw midwife last week who confirmed she'd turned since my consultant appointment the week before).

I just want to feel comfortable again.

mrsmugoo Mon 24-Feb-14 12:07:38

Yep! It's my first baby so I have nothing to compare to but I've been complaining of being very uncomfortable for weeks - baby has been suspected breech since 25 weeks and confirmed last friday by scan at 37 weeks. The hard lump under my boob is definitely a head and baby's legs and poking right out straight to my left side and as it is growing it is stretching them out and it's soooooo painful!
I find out if they will offer me an ECV tomorrow.

ChicaMomma Mon 24-Feb-14 12:11:36

Both my nieces were breech, and my sister had really bad heartburn on both- are you experiencing this?

Loopylouu Mon 24-Feb-14 12:46:29

Oh Christ yes the heartburn! I am on medication from the dr so I can try and sleep at night. It's horrific, lasts all day and night.

I am so irritable all the time. Sleep is horrible, I can't get comfy. Dh has decamped to the blow up matress on the floor so I am in the middle of the bed with a hundred pillows but I still can't find a position where I am not in pain.

The baby moves all the time as well!

SharpLily Mon 24-Feb-14 12:50:14

Mine has been mostly transverse, facing the front and very active - which I thought was uncomfortable until she turned to breech! Wow, I could hardly breathe (I have a short trunk anyway). That was a week ago (27 weeks now) and she's tried various positions ever since, none of which give any particular relief. Never thought I'd find myself looking forward to labour but I'm so keen for this process to be over!

MatildasCat Mon 24-Feb-14 13:09:01

DC1 was breech until 37 weeks and I sympathise. It's so uncomfortable having a head jammed up under your ribs.

I was most comfortable sitting on my pregnancy ball.

Loopylouu Mon 24-Feb-14 13:13:20

Matilda did your baby turn on his/her own at 37 weeks?

It was stupidly painful when mine turned at 33 to breach - the thought of her turning back, four weeks bigger makes me cringe!

mrsmugoo Mon 24-Feb-14 17:18:26

Yes the heartburn has been hideous, have been on omaprazole since 28 weeks which controls it but mainly now I just have no interest in food - everything makes me feel so uncomfortable and full.

At least my weight gain has levelled out haha!

MatildasCat Tue 25-Feb-14 19:59:39

Loopy, yeah baby turned while I was doing some hardcore Christmas shopping grin It honestly wasn't painful. Just felt very strange!!!

Inglori0us Tue 25-Feb-14 20:06:31

I'm struggling to breathe with a head squashing my lungs. Also my bump is massive because of it. Hoping he will turn soon. So uncomfortable. Been swigging gaviscon from the bottle.

weebigmamma Wed 26-Feb-14 19:11:01

Mine has just gone breech (33 weeks). I wasn't surprised when they told me because last week I tried to put on my socks and full-on winded myself! lol. It was so painful. My husband was really worried that something terrible had happened but I knew it was just something like heartburn... It feels like I can't bend in the middle at all now and I'm out of breath doing the mildest exercise. Sleep is a distant memory! I am also due to have a section anyway so I'm not too worried but I'll be so glad to have my lungs back!!

kiwiscantfly Thu 27-Feb-14 03:44:10

My first was breech and her head was permanently stuck under my ribs, and the heartburn was a killer. I'm 27 weeks now and this one is also breech and it's the same again, heartburn, low kicks and I bet the head is going to get stuck soon!
I had an ECV and it didn't work. I also wouldn't recommend them, so so painful!

mrsmugoo Thu 27-Feb-14 17:05:24

Unsuccessful ECV here today and yes, it is bloody painful! I'm glad I gave it a go though but deep down I knew baby wouldn't turn.

weebigmamma Thu 27-Feb-14 21:16:45

I must say it has done wonders for my posture thought because I literally can't slouch. Driving is very uncomfortable though and all my hospital appointments are an hour away! Baby is kicking the crap out of my bladder at all hours- the wee bugger!

jammiecat Fri 28-Feb-14 16:30:29

I'm 34 weeks with twins both of whom are breech and am so uncomfortable. They're both around the 5 pound mark already so very little room left and I do hope they don't try and turn now as I know it will hurt! Although having said that everything hurts now anyway and I'm counting down the weeks. So I can totally sympathise.

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Fri 28-Feb-14 16:53:29

Oh right, both DS were breech and had terrible heartburn - didn't realise it was because they were breeched (until the lastminute!) Tums tablets got me through it though, safe to take whilst pregnant and you can have quite a few during 24hrs and taste ok.

It used to feel more comfortable sitting reclined back abit (slouched) with a cushion in the small of my back and again in bed - not fully flat but with a few pillows so that I was 'bent' abit and not stretched flat (also helped with the heartburn too)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now