Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Keep choking! PG symptom??

(6 Posts)
RandomInternetStranger Mon 24-Feb-14 10:00:17

In the last week I keep swallowing down the wrong hole & having mini choking fits. Happened about 5 or 6 times now! Is this a weird pregnancy symptom they don't tell you about?? confused

scrufhead Mon 24-Feb-14 19:20:54

i think you just need to eat slower wink

RandomInternetStranger Tue 25-Feb-14 00:22:50

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Too hungry!!

Seriously though I managed it twice again today! Half the time I'm not even eating or drinking, it's just saliva! Could it be something to do with softening muscles or something?? May have to ask the mw!

Aaliyah1 Tue 25-Feb-14 00:55:58

Could be muscles relaxing I guess. I swallowed water last week and it went down the wrong hole. Took so long for me to catch my breath that I turned blue and almost fainted. Then cried on DH after woulds because he lagged at me. hmm
It was pretty funny...just not at that time haha

ivykaty44 Tue 25-Feb-14 00:58:27

Tell your midwife, could be your thyroid during pg reacting

scrufhead Tue 25-Feb-14 12:20:00

the only time im like this is when im sick, i have under active thryoid but no choking when eating! feel your pain- i want to choff burgers and sunday dinners but my sickness has other ideas sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now