Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Exercise ball to induce labour?

(7 Posts)
samthewolf Sun 23-Feb-14 19:22:57

Can it work? Any experiences and advise appreciated!

eddielizzard Sun 23-Feb-14 19:24:38

i don't know about inducing labour, but i can say it helps speed up labour - wiggling hips, keeping things moving.

good luck! i think it can only help.

lighteningmcmama Sun 23-Feb-14 22:41:06

I was one week before my due date with dc2 and I decided right I need to get this baby out now..so on the Tuesday I spent about 24 hours bouncing on my gym ball as much as I could. Wednesday I had a show and dd born early Thursday morning. (This was nearly 2 years ago btw). I'm not saying it's fool proof but it worked for me!

EmB1715 Mon 24-Feb-14 08:17:46

Didn't induce labour for me but was brilliant for comfort both before and during labour. My waters did pop whilst sat on it during a contraction though!

mrsmugoo Mon 24-Feb-14 08:19:59

It helps to get baby into a good position to be born, but I don't think it induces labour. Baby will come when it's ready.

Pixielady83 Mon 24-Feb-14 10:28:53

With my last labour, my waters broke after I'd been bouncing on the ball for an hour, so if they're ready to go it could encourage matters!

samthewolf Mon 24-Feb-14 10:32:58

Thanks everyone! Hopefully a bit of bouncing will encourage baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now