Talk

Advanced search

Braxton Hicks getting excessive

(3 Posts)
LouisaJF Sun 23-Feb-14 19:16:26

I'm 35 weeks with DC2 and the BH have really gone up a gear. I am huge and have had a fairly busy weekend. For the last 24 hours I've had a ridiculous amount of BH contractions, tightenings and twinges. There is no pattern or regularity but I'm getting worried that this boy doesn't want to hang around another 5 weeks. What do you think? Am I just whittling about nothing?

pintofmilk Sun 23-Feb-14 22:24:36

Hi louisaJF, no you are not whittling about nothing. BH can be really painful.

I didn't have any BH with DC1, but had more with DC2 then a bucket load with DC3. They would get worse after I had been doing a load of exercise.

I remember thinking the same that DC3 would come early, but she didn't and went overdue by 12 days.

As long as your baby is moving around (count at least 10 kicks/movements a day) then all is fine.

The BH are getting your body ready for the main event! Frustrating and painful I know when all you want is brew and cake.

Put your feet up, if possible with DC1 and take it easy. If you are worried then call your midwife in the morning.

Good luck x

EmB1715 Mon 24-Feb-14 08:20:49

Bear in mind it could be the real deal. I was in labour for around 20 hours before the contractions became regular. If it is just BH do try to take it easy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now