Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

very tender patch on belly

(7 Posts)
eggybrokenoff Sun 23-Feb-14 18:48:14

I have a sore to touch/stretch patch just above and to the left of my belly button. its not the skin but underneath that is tender to touch. anyone know what it could be? im 27 weeks

thecakeisalie Sun 23-Feb-14 19:29:59

I'm 35 weeks and I have something similar on the right side of my belly button where the skin feels sensitive to the touch. Sometimes it feels a little sore but it's definitely just my skin and nothing deeper. For me I know its because I sensitive skin anyway and this is just caused by my skin stretching. If it's just your skin I'd say it's likely to be just stretching but if it feels deeper than that maybe you should mention it to your midwife or gp.

PoppySeedBun Tue 25-Feb-14 20:48:00

I have something very similar on the right of my belly (I'm 32 wks). I suspect it's either a slightly pulled muscle or the skin stretching - it's where I've been getting lots of kicks.
But as cake says, if you're concerned, ask your midwife about it.

Writerwannabe83 Tue 25-Feb-14 21:13:28

I'm just over 35 weeks and have a very tender area of skin at the top of my bump, pretty central between my breasts. I have had it for absolute weeks and it is so uncomfortable. The best way I can describe the sensation is like when you have sunburn - it's just a constant itchy/burning/stretching type sensation that I'm always aware of.

LittleLight82 Tue 25-Feb-14 21:48:36

I have one of these too. Feels like a bruise from the other side- I reckon it's the result of some sort of karate kick from herself indoors.

MrsBennetsEldest Tue 25-Feb-14 21:53:14

OP, I had that when I was 5+ months. I was worried, something didn't feel right so I took myself off to A&E late at night. I had to have emergency surgery for a hernia and had part of my bowel removed. Does it hurt when you press on it?

jazzyjenbo Tue 25-Feb-14 22:28:24

I had this in both my pregnancies from about 30+ weeks, it was in a different place with each baby.
I was told it was a mix of stretched skin, repeated movement (babys prefered kicking spot) and the muscles stretching.
Try rubbing bio-oil onto the spot or sumthing along the lines, unfortunatly theres not much that can b done until baby drops abit. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now