Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it normal to be pretty much boiling all the time lol

(11 Posts)
SweetPea86 Sun 23-Feb-14 18:19:52

I feel like the room is so stuffy, my hubby is sat shaking next to me coz I've got the window wide open and it's blowing a gale. I normally feel the cold all the time.
Don't know if it's a combination of raised body temperature due to being pregnant or the fact I'm short of breath will all my organs becoming packed.

RandomMess Sun 23-Feb-14 18:20:48

Yes pretty normal IME - be thankful it's winter I had to survive the heatwave of 2003 heavily pregnant...

greentshirt Sun 23-Feb-14 18:23:06

Yes normal, I'm ROASTING all the time and I'm normally a really cold person. I haven't worn a coat for a few weeks as the very thought of it makes me a sweaty mess!

SweetPea86 Sun 23-Feb-14 18:26:01

Oh good glad I'm not the only sweaty mess haha, I know my friends just found out she's preg one of the first things I thought was oh gosh she's going to be around 8 months in August. :s

jammiecat Sun 23-Feb-14 19:01:56

Normal here too. My DH would sympathise with yours as he's spent most of the winter shivering in a blanket whilst I've sat around in a T-shirt. At least the fuel bill should be lower this winter grin

Slongette Sun 23-Feb-14 21:04:23

I was hotter than the sun during my pregnancy..... There's a picture of me last November in a summer dress, leggings and Birkenstocks - was so glad to finally have DS so I could wear proper shoes in the rain!!

somedizzywhore1804 Sun 23-Feb-14 21:07:11

Me too. I'm normally cold but I'm constantly hot since I got pregnant and need fresh air in the room at all times.

Due at beginning of July and hoping for a cool summer.

ClearlyMoo Sun 23-Feb-14 22:44:48

I seem to be fine if I don't have to wear shoes but as soon as I have shoes on indoors (at work) I massively overheat must try to take flip flops into work so I don't constantly get lectured about walking round barefoot. Oh I wore a viscose shirt the other day too thinking it was cotton ugh- so sweaty! So no, you're not alone! I'm 29 weeks by the way but been like this for months!

DitaVonCreamTeas Mon 24-Feb-14 09:06:54

I seem to get hotter with every week, and I've never experienced anything like it. Like the OP I've always been a cold person, now I just radiate heat. Last week I was wandering around town on a really nippy day with no hat, no gloves, my coat unbuttoned and I was still sweating.

MyNameIsKenAdams Mon 24-Feb-14 09:08:53

My recurrent phrase last og was "its hotter than the sun in here", even in mid winter.

Im newly pg and just want to get past the summer before I feel it this time.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Mon 24-Feb-14 10:06:50

Me! Not yet so much (am 18+5) but I remember being boiling last time around by about 25 weeks and I was due in March then. This time it'll be late July. <gulp> I've moved office since and the new one tends to be cooler - the last one was notoriously hot, it wasn't just me, but I was the one always arriving and opening the windows instantly/drinking shedloads of water/going bright red in the face. Delightful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now