Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Severe stomach pains (high up) 8/9 weeks and worried

(8 Posts)
ClareF1 Sun 23-Feb-14 16:49:13

Hello, this afternoon I suddenly started to get really severe stomach pains. It hurts to touch it and move in certain ways. They started quite high up but have moved down so it's probably indigestion/wind but as this is my first and I never get this sort of pain after eating I'm worried. I'm around 8/9 weeks. Any advice?

ohthegoats Sun 23-Feb-14 16:53:47

Shift the wind. Head down bum up - crawl down the stairs, crawl off the bed, drink mint tea, lie on your left hand side, if all fails take a paracetamol.

I never have trapped wind normally either, but I'm in a right state since I got pregnant, pretty much agony within 10 minutes of eating. Sometimes it takes my breath away it hurts so much.

ClareF1 Sun 23-Feb-14 17:15:06

Thanks ohthegoats, I'll try some of those. Hoping it goes off soon, husband is cooking a roast and it smells amazing and I'm getting hungry again!

hartmel Mon 24-Feb-14 04:42:39

Don't want to scare you. But I would mention it to your doctor/midwife.. I had also high up stomach pain. I always thought it was trapped wind. Or later the baby was kicking up into my organs.. But no it was none of that at 18 weeks I had my first gallbladder attack then after that couple more. I got induced at 40+2 weeks because of another attack. When my boy was 3 month old I had the worst attack ever and had an emergency surgery..

Based on the doctor it was because of the pregnancy. A lot of pregnant women get these attacks but after the baby is born it goes away.

So get some bloodtest done..

I'm hoping for you that it is only the wind that is causing the pain.

Congrats..

greentshirt Mon 24-Feb-14 05:55:19

You can take windeez when you are pregnant I think? I had terrible trapped wind and bloating at first but I could also fart for England!!

I'd try that before you go and ask for blood tests on the basis of one episode.

CrispyFB Mon 24-Feb-14 09:16:21

I've had this several times this pregnancy. It's turned out to be a stomach bug of some kind - somehow I seem to be unusually prone to them this time round. Even had them back to back. It's very painful and very annoying.

I found windeze helped a bit but there's not much else you can take as things directly for stomach cramps seem to be banned in pregnancy.

amy246 Mon 24-Feb-14 20:18:54

I had awful stomach pain at around 8/9 weeks. It was so worrying! In the end it was gastrointestinal. I increased fibre and water intake and things improved smile

ClareF1 Mon 24-Feb-14 20:29:29

Thanks everybody. Have been much better last 24 hours so expect it is intestinal. Will be mentioning it at booking appointment in March though. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now