Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone get a late bfp?

(10 Posts)

I am 5 days late now and have taken 4 tests-all BFN. I feel like I am going crazy! Had some very light brown spotting when I wiped 3 days before AF was due, but no other unusual symptoms really. Has anyone else had this and ended with a BFP?

HenriettaTurkey Sun 23-Feb-14 16:23:03

I took a test and got a bfn. Then I bled. 3 weeks later I was 7 weeks pregnant. Which was wonderfully bizarre. And I felt slightly bad that we had celebrated our anniversary after the bfn with lots of illegal things like wine, pâté and a sauna. blush

22honey Sun 23-Feb-14 16:24:43

I have generally always waited atleast 2 weeks after a missed period to test. I feel theres little point in doing it as 'chemical' pregnancies are so common where it will show a light positive but AF will come soon after. Something like 75% of pregnancies dont make it past those first two weeks so I dont see the point testing until after that tbh. Many women have had their hopes raised then faced the worse soon after.

I know how hard the waiting game is though! Fingers crossed for you xxx

Yes, me! I was 4 days late, tested negative, I was due at the Dr anyway for something else and he did a test for me while I was there, his words were 'absolutely no sign of pregnancy'. 4 days later (so 8 days late) tested positive!! Saying that, I have also had a nonovulatory cycle that actually gave me every pregnancy symptom under the sun, but was definitely negative!

Thanks both, I tested the day af was due as want to know asap- I have a medical condition that will have to be managed carefully if I become pg sad just so fed up of waiting...and the tests all claim 99% accurate blah blah.....argh!

TheOnlySeven Sun 23-Feb-14 18:37:00

I was 8 days late before I finally got a positive test with DD1 despite obsessive testing from the day AF was due. Just make sure you buy plenty of supermarket tests as they're just as good, mine actually first showed up faintly on an asda test but the clearblue one still said negative. Good luck!

PervyMuskrat Sun 23-Feb-14 20:11:20

Yep, about 7 days late but I know I ovulate late (around day 20 of a 28 day cycle) so it made sense for my cycle.

Were you testing before your bfp pervy?

I do ovulate quite late I think and implantation bleeding (if that's what it was) was late too....hmmmm....don't want to get my hopes up (but secretly hoping I could be...)

NurseSapphire Sun 23-Feb-14 21:40:33

I was fourteen days late before I got my BFP shock I ovulated super late.

PervyMuskrat Sun 23-Feb-14 21:43:10

Yes, tested c10 dpo and nothing, 12 dpo and the faintest line ever which developed overnight and then a proper BFP 14 dpo. Had an ovulation monitor so was fairly confident that had ovulation dates right and wasn't really convinced by the 12 dpo line - we try and stick to the rule of never returning to a used test after the allotted time!

Good luck flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now