Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bras for big boobs!

(11 Posts)
Kels13 Sun 23-Feb-14 16:02:19

Hey all, I'm 7 weeks but already my bras are starting to feel tight and too rigid. Really want to get something softer... However before pregnancy I was a 32h, yup big boobs! I normally get bras from Bravissimo but knowing I will be changing size regularly I don't want to spend a fortune. Does anyone know if anywhere else goes up to my kind of size relatively in expensively?

Thank you! X

LePetitPont Sun 23-Feb-14 16:36:04

Sorry, no answer to this but as an 30F, an excellent question! I was thinking I would go down the lines of bravissimo sales... Or debenhams has a fuller cup range?

ohthegoats Sun 23-Feb-14 16:39:44

As a 34GG I'll be going to the Bravissimo sales. I'm double boobing it a bit at the moment, but determined not to spend any money until after 12 weeks.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 23-Feb-14 16:45:47

I think get measured then buy online. I bought a £30 one in bravissimo, then ordered a bunch from amazon in the new size at £10-16 each.

Thatsnotmyfigure Sun 23-Feb-14 18:49:19

Not really answering your question, but I went to Bravissimo and she was really good at fitting me into one where I can expand the back a lot. I am alternating this with an identical one I wore when I was bigger post-baby last time round. You may be able to wear whatever you buy now 6/9 months after the birth and in subsequent pregnancies so get more wear out of them

Franchini Sun 23-Feb-14 20:50:01

Try Royce lingerie website. They do massive maternity and nursing bras. I'm currently in a 40hh! They do smaller back sizes too.

ClearlyMoo Sun 23-Feb-14 22:50:35

Hi I was 34 F at conception. Bad trip to Debenhams for not wired giant bra at 13 weeks drove me back to underwired. Found I could stay in some of my bigger fit bras til around 18 weeks when I made a trip to Bravissimo and got re measured 36 G, then one more trip at 25 weeks 38 GG and at 29 weeks still doing fine in them.

What's really helped especially in early days was to get the little elasticised or normal bra extenders on eBay or Amazon for a few quid. They rock. Help make your bras more comfortable.

I've only bought two new bras (that work lets ignore Debenhams mono boob one) one at 18 and one at 25, so it is abut boring but to have a good fit is brill. Planning on converting some of my u/w bras into nursing bras with the strap fastening kits you get on line...

Jolay100 Mon 24-Feb-14 17:31:58

I went to bravissimo at 10 weeks to get new bras, had grown out of them again by 15 weeks, and when I went back to bravissimo to get more they exchanged the one I was wearing for free! I have always been a reg shopper there so I think they knew it was in their interest to look after me. Boobs haven't grown much since: now 25 weeks. I find their sleep wear a really good way to get support at night too.

starlight1234 Mon 24-Feb-14 17:34:23

I was 34j breast feeding and went to bramissimo...Debenhams have some large sizes too.

magichandles Mon 24-Feb-14 17:39:37

I managed in underwire (fitted by Bravissimo) with the aid of bra extenders until I gave birth with DC1, DC2 though I was in agony by about 25 weeks and ended up borrowing some Bravado soft maternity bras from a friend.

This time I think I might just give up and wear sports bras.

HazleNutt Mon 24-Feb-14 20:44:14

brastop, ebay, amazon. You can find the same bras that Bravissimo sells, but loads cheaper, especially in last season colours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now