Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Um hello earlier (and easier) second labour, where are you??

(11 Posts)
findingherfeet Sun 23-Feb-14 15:26:34

Argh I'm 39+5 today and driving myself insane waiting for baby number 2 to arrive.

Worried about child care for DD1 and prospect of being in hospital away from her for long hmm and now I kind of know what to expect I'm just a big ball of anxiety!!

My waters broke on this date of my pregnancy with my first LO (when I wasn't worried at all and a bit blasé) straight forward labour and birth (though a horrendous stitching experience confused) and home a few hours after she arrived.

I'm ordering a curry tonight, pineapple for pudding and #sigh# might even do the deed!!

Anyone else w.a.i.t.i.n.g?

MatildasCat Sun 23-Feb-14 20:04:47

Meeeeeee!

I'm 39 weeks. Was being teased by cramps and twinges a few days ago but nothing interesting is happening now.

I went into labour with DC1 at 39 weeks, on a Friday so in my mind, that's definitely when I'm going to have this baby. I'll be very put out if I go over but I know babies don't comply to our orders!

I had a simple experience first time. Straight forward labour and birth. But big tear which needed loads of stitches......ouch!

Enjoy your curry and any other spicy action you get up to

findingherfeet Mon 24-Feb-14 09:35:22

Yay! Nice to know I'm not the only one!

Stupidly stayed up till 2am watching 'just one more' episode of breaking bad (whilst ball bouncing) thought a few twinges were beginning but no such luck! Zzzzzz my poor two year old hasn't had a very interesting last few days, I'm not being wildly entertaining!

Here's hoping today's the day for us both smile

Pixielady83 Mon 24-Feb-14 10:23:00

Me too! I went into labour at 38+5 with DD and am now 39+1 so in my head I'm already overdue! Braxton hicks last night but they've worn off again. Feels a bit like it isn't going to happen... but I can't quite bring myself to start eviction measures because I'm feeling quite scared of labour (and they probably won't work anyway!)

MummyPig24 Mon 24-Feb-14 11:42:24

My second was a whole 4 weeks later than my first!

MatildasCat Mon 24-Feb-14 13:06:38

It's a funny time isn't it? Sort of like being in limbo. Everything is ready, just waiting for things to kick off.

Pixielady83 Mon 24-Feb-14 13:18:00

I feel like it's never actually going to happen... and also quite a strong dose of dread about it all which isn't terribly positive! I keep trying to look ahead to May when things will start to shift back into focus!

findingherfeet Mon 24-Feb-14 14:17:41

Limbo is absolutely right, my life is on hold!! (And I KNOW this is the easy bit and I should just enjoy the peace before I become a mummy to two children - omg....but why can't I listen to my own advice?)

And I am filled with increasing terror about birth horrors and eventualities and just not knowing...confused

Having literally hibernated for three days straight, I braved day light and went out in the glorious sunshine for a much needed positivity boost!

findingherfeet Tue 25-Feb-14 17:07:51

It's official - 40 weeks, now the most pregnant I've ever been!! Depressing confused

Pixielady83 Wed 26-Feb-14 19:36:40

boo finding no signs yet? I have bought a pineapple today and rather a lot of pineapple juice so that's what I'll be trying over the next few days! suddenly remembered I also took an evening primrose capsule the day I went into labour with DD so although I can't find any solid scientific basis for that working I'm thinking of starting those too!

findingherfeet Wed 26-Feb-14 20:50:25

Nope nothing hmm just now feel super heavy and a bit more grumpy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now