Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bouncing on a gym ball

(3 Posts)
K8eee Sun 23-Feb-14 09:08:36

I've had awful hip & back pain, so my mw has suggested I get a gym ball and sit on that for a while when I'm feeling uncomfortable. Is it too early to maybe lightly bounce on it of a night time to ease pressure, or will it bring on labour too early? I know baby will come when he/she is ready anyway, but I don't want to be doing my baby more harm by coming out early. I'm 36 weeks too so I know I'll be classed as full term next week, and it's safe for baby to come out.

highlove Sun 23-Feb-14 09:36:21

I'm 38 weeks and have been bouncing away for a couple of weeks, no sign of bsby as yet. It won't evict baby unless it's ready to come so I wouldn't worry about it. I believe it can help get them in the right position though.

I find kneeling down and kind of draping myself over the ball then swaying lightly is really nice when my back aches, so maybe try that too..

LastOneDancing Sun 23-Feb-14 11:02:02

I'm 34 weeks & use my ball quite regularly when I'm uncomfortable.

Hip circles, pelvic tilts and swaying all help me - as well as the drape mentioned above! DH does tend to put his feet up on me while I'm hugging the ball though... hmm

I wouldn't worry about encouraging labour, it sounds like our little monkeys only come when they're ready!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now