Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Newcastle area - free early scans?

(12 Posts)
MyNameIsKenAdams Sat 22-Feb-14 20:27:51

I had a MMC last year at eleven weeks. I saw on here, a couple of weeks later, about clinics in the Newcastle area which offer free early scans.

I bloody wish I had saved the link now, as I am five weeks pg and worried as hell that the same will happen again (baby stopped growing at 7/8 wks last time).

Does anyone know which clinic it might have been?

StealthPolarBear Sat 22-Feb-14 20:31:48

Not sure but I wonder if contacting the regional maternity survey office in Newcastle might help

addictedtosugar Sat 22-Feb-14 20:34:39

RVI?

Fingers crossed for your pregnancy.

WorriedMouse Sat 22-Feb-14 20:45:39

Was it this:
www.tyneside-pregnancy.org.uk/what-we-offer/
I've seen this organisation advertising using stickers on hand dryers in ladies' toilets.

MyNameIsKenAdams Sat 22-Feb-14 20:49:51

Worried that link is perfect thank you! I know its only a few weeks between when I would have the scan (7/8wk) and the dating scan, I just have a real need to know.

RaRa1988 Sat 22-Feb-14 21:03:26

I second Worried - I booked a scan with them (they use them for training purposes) and they were lovely on the phone and via email. I ended up cancelling the scan in the end as I got a hospital scan due to pain, but they were very helpful.

WorriedMouse Sat 22-Feb-14 21:25:10

Hope everything goes well. I haven't used these guys but have paid for scans at babybond and the private clinic in Washington as I am utterly paranoid in pregnancy!

MyNameIsKenAdams Sat 22-Feb-14 21:38:39

Its the thought of thinking at eleven weeks "phew, nearly in the safe zone" then finding out the next day that actually, the baby stopped developing three weeks ago.

Thanks for the links, and recommendations, this will really help my peace of mind.

Aaliyah1 Sun 23-Feb-14 08:38:14

Have you tried speaking to the midwife and requesting an early scan. If you've had a mmc before and are worried/stressed then they should offer you one. I got one at 7 weeks and midwife was lovely about it.

Nojustalurker Sun 23-Feb-14 08:45:28

In yoursalutation I am sure they will be very supportive.

I am be concerned that this is a Christian charity helping vunerable people decide if they want to continue with a pregnancy when their aim is clear to prevent a women from choosing an abortion.

MyNameIsKenAdams Sun 23-Feb-14 09:49:02

Ooh I didnt notice that confused

Nojustalurker Sun 23-Feb-14 12:26:40

I think they their intention is well hidden. I suspect due to the shared address they are link to an organisation called love wise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now