Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

when should you be worried about movements?

(6 Posts)
qazxc Sat 22-Feb-14 12:04:56

I'm nearly 23 weeks with an anterior placenta. I have had anomaly scan 2 days ago and all was fine. I haven't really feel her moving today though. Is it normal for them to have "slow" days at this stage? or should movement be regular and should i be worried?

VivaLeBeaver Sat 22-Feb-14 12:12:11

rcog guidelines say not a concern until after 28 weeks

You probably will not notice movement as easily due to anterior placenta.

qazxc Sat 22-Feb-14 13:18:40

Thanks Beaver. I phoned the midwifery unit and they said try a few tricks to wake her up and come in and they'd have a look at me if i didn't feel anything in the next hour. She is generally quite a mover but maybe she is kicking against placenta or sleeping.

qazxc Sat 22-Feb-14 13:24:22

One really cold of glass of water later and it's Riverdance in there. grin

TheScience Sat 22-Feb-14 13:26:28

My midwife said not to start monitoring movements until 26-28 weeks. I went it for assessment at 30 weeks with reduced movements and they asked if it had happened before - I said I had a quiet few days about 26 weeks and the midwife there said it's common as the baby can just change position and be less easy to feel at that stage, and there's not much they can do then anyway.

hubbahubster Sat 22-Feb-14 14:08:38

2nd baby with anterior placenta here. I've just had a quiet couple of days with this one, she's made up for it this morning by booting me so much that my hips now ache! It was the same with DS - as long as you're feeling some movement, try not to worry too much at this point.

If you really are concerned then obviously call your midwife. You know what's within normal boundaries for your baby, but IME with the anterior placenta it's easy to miss subtle movements. Laying on your side and having a quiet half an hour usually gives you the time to notice more movement (if you can!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now