The grateful thread(21 Posts)
I am feeling unusually grateful this morning :-) so I thought I'd seize the moment and post about it. Maybe others will want to as well. It might help me on days when I really wish I hadn't bothered getting pregnant and feel like I'm dreading the birth.
Sooooo, today I am grateful...
- that there is no protein in my urine
- that my baby is being very wiggly after a day of not much movement
- that I have made it to 33 weeks without needing to stay in hospital
- that drugs exist to regulate my blood pressure
- that I can have said drugs for free on the NHS
- that my partner isn't an asshat
Lovely to hear you are having a positive day!
I am also grateful today! Got my BFP yesterday and a much stronger one this morning! Yay!
Had MC last October so feeling cautious but also super happy! Dying to tell our 4 yr old but need to contain ourselves until we're more sure all will be Ok this time....
But overall super grateful and happy too!
I am grateful for the NHS diagnosing me and prescribing simple daily meds, reducing my risk in early pregnancy SEVENFOLD. Every day since my bfp I thank God for them.
And i'm grateful my DH is so helpful round the house and kind, when I'm puking or worrying.
Lovely to hear how happy you are weebig! And congratulations Mammysam
I'm struggling a bit lately, but have decided I'll try to focus on the positives too:
-That I've reached 39 weeks, following a miscarriage last year.
-That I've had an uncomplicated pregnancy thus far,
-That my DS is excited to meet his sibling.
-That I've not got long left til I meet my baby.
-That I'm married to a wonderful supportive man who accepts that I'm a hormonal troll at the moment and knows to hug me when I'm being a bitch to him.
Great thread weebig its nice to focus on the positives!
Lovely reading about everyone's happy pregnancy thoughts
I'm grateful that:
- I'm 32 weeks pregnant after a MC in July
- I go on maternity leave soon
- The end is in sight - it's not too much longer until I meet our baby boy
- That the NHS has been pretty wonderful thus far
- Our families are all very supportive and excited about the baby
- My DH patiently puts up with me being hysterical/hormonal/a nag and finds time to tell me I'm still beautiful despite the fact I feel like a baby hippo
I am grateful for having 6.5 hours sleep last night!!!! I feel human again after 4 weeks of bad sleeping!!!
This is a cheery thread, thanks everyone! I am also grateful when I get the odd night of sleep- feels amazing lol!
Loving the thread, thanks weebigmamma
I'm grateful this little one is holding on, almost 23 weeks and feels like a miracle.
I'm grateful my DS age 6 is so excited and cheers us up when we have a difficult or worrying day by patting my tummy and talking to his baby sister.
Yes pregnancy can be bloody hard sometimes but we must not forget how lucky we are
I am grateful for staying healthy for 34 weeks, even if I am
very a bit uncomfortable now...
I am grateful for a clear TORCH blood test yesterday (SO grateful!!)
I'm grateful for my DH who has been calm and funny and supportive.
Also for family, healthcare, my home, our jobs... Lots!
Good thread OP, we all need a reminder to stop moaning and remember how lucky we are occasionally
What a lovely thread loved reading through!
I am grateful for:
Getting to 14 weeks after a mc last October...being able to relax a little now.
Having an amazing hubbie who has put up with my crazy mood swings (best one yet shouting at him for doing the washing...I know this is madness!!!!)
I like this ... I m grateful that I m 30 weeks and never thought I would be; have a lovely family ( not in laws lol) ; I can eat chocolate and crisps and there is not a diet in sight; my other half is a total gem ( despite my rage, hormones , random crying )
I'm grateful to my ds 3 finally mastering weeing on the potty this week
So I won't have 2 in nappies.. That I only have 6 weeks to go.. That baby is kicking away, albeit painful.. That I had a lovely relaxing spa day yesterday and did nothing for a whole 8 hours ...that Dh has gone out so me and dd can watch sat night tv without him turning it over .. Oh and to the chocolate chip cakes we have just taken out the oven so I can eat them all x
I'm grateful for my dh helping so much over the last 4 months, its certainly kept me out of hospital this time (hg)
Grateful that my dd has decided to potty train this last week, so I won't have 2in nappys.
Grateful for medication, my warm home, and that so far this baby seems healthy. I could go on all day!!
This is my favourite MN thread so far, thanks OP!
I'm grateful for having the chance to be pregnant and healthy with it. And I'm grateful every time my LO kicks me when I'm missing my friends/family to remind me I'm not alone. And my wonderful DH.
- that I've almost reached 32 weeks and can still put my socks on comfortably!
- that for once I've actually got boobs!
- that I've got 2 more weeks of work to go
- that my 3 year old is so excited to meet her little sister
- that I have fantastic parents who have helped out financially so I can take a full year's ML
- that I've got the most caring and loving dp a girl could ever wish for.
I'm grateful that nobody was here to see me eat that full pack of cookies just now
I am grateful
1) for a husband who has taken charge of all the things I normally do (eg food shopping) without being asked & for telling me I'm doing an important job growing our baby when I'm laid on sofa like waynetta slob
2) for cyclizine which has saved my sanity
3) for my work colleagues who fussed me when I was overwhelmed at finding myself pregnant
4) for my amazing mum who bleached our kitchen before we died of some some evolved bacteria
5) for my boobs! Curves make me feel sexy.
I am grateful
1) to be 8 weeks pregnant after being off the pill for 2 years and struggling to get pregnant
2) that ivf worked first time for us
3) that we saw a flashing little blob at our early scan at 6w4
4) that DH hasn't left me through the hideousness that was TTC
5) for science!
I am grateful
1) That my boyfriend has stood by me even though I'm a complete cowbag and is looking after me now it's really taking its toll on me.
2) For the NHS - not only great antenatal care, but for looking after me the last week.
3) That there's only 9 more weeks to go!
4) That my family are now happy that we're having a baby and can't wait to be grandparents
5) For my amazing uni friends who have been looking out for me, and my lecturers who are so understanding.
What a lovely thread. I am grateful for:
-being 25 weeks after a mc last Feb and having tried for two years
- having a baby girl on the way so I can dress her up
- having an amazing husband who takes such good care of us when my hg gets unmanageable. Including providing me with the tray of brownies I just demolished
- feeling her wiggle round and for dh to get the chance to feel her too
- receiving amazing health care (am in the Netherlands and have bipolar)
- having amazing dh and in laws which means I haven't had to work since January so can sleep and rest, and hopefully not having to work for the first six months after birth
- the sun shining this afternoon so we can take the dog to the park and keep talking to the baby showing her ducks and swans and so on
Basically just grateful in general. Despite being unemployed and skint (although perhaps because of not working ) this is the happiest and most content I've ever been.
Join the discussion
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.