Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tight chest/feel like lungs are squished?

(6 Posts)
livingzuid Sat 22-Feb-14 02:12:57

Hi all I can't sleep as I feel like I can't get enough air even though I'm breathing normally. My chest feels like it's being compressed and I'm struggling to get big gulps of air, even though I am breathing if that makes sense! I feel incredibly claustrophobic and had to get out of bed and am lying on the sofa. Sitting up is better and I've tried some yoga breathing that helped a little. No pain or anything and the baby is moving heaps, just this strange need for more air than I can get. I'm so desperate for some shut eye. Does anyone else have this and what do you do as a coping strategy?! Thanks smile

ItsNotATest Sat 22-Feb-14 02:18:36

Give OOH a ring. It's not unusual in pregnancy but there are things they would want to exclude. Have a chat with them, they won't think you are wasting their time smile

livingzuid Sat 22-Feb-14 09:38:15

I will do thank you smile feel much better this morning but had to sleep propped up on the sofa! Would rather not have another night like that again.

livingzuid Sat 22-Feb-14 17:51:56

In case anyone else gets this - hospital said it's very common and I need to sleep propped up and recommended a pregnancy pillow. So nothing to worry about phew.

sara1752 Sat 22-Feb-14 17:55:15

Do u know what position babe is in? Only ask as mine was breach, my chest felt squashed and I was so out of breath I couldn't climb stairs without nearly collapsing

Also ask midwife to check ur iron levels as that can sometimes make u feel out of breath

livingzuid Sat 22-Feb-14 19:05:40

I don't think it can be breech as I'm only 25 weeks and can feel her spinning around. At my last scan 2 weeks ago her head was pointing down. I'll check that though and the iron am due some more blood tests soon. Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now