Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

concert vibrations concern. really worried.

(25 Posts)
kotakinabalu Sat 22-Feb-14 00:31:31

Hi all,

I am 18 weeks pregnant and freaking out and would be grateful for some thoughts/advice.

I went to a concert earlier at a small venue and a couple of us sat down on the carpet for about 20 minutes, however the vibrations were quite intense from the loud music and it only occurred to me afterwards that it might cause a problem. I've had two very early miscarriages in the past.

I called up the maternity ward and the midwife just saidoto sleep with a pad on and see what happens.. not reassuring me at all.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation before?

Tomkat79 Sat 22-Feb-14 00:42:16

Oh that midwife sounds really helpful! Jaysus!

Ok I wouldn't panic if i were you. Babe is safely tucked up away from harm and i very much doubt any harm would come to LO from any vibrations. Try to relax.

kotakinabalu Sat 22-Feb-14 01:05:18

Hi Tomkat,

thank you for your message. I'm sure you're right. I'm hoping as it wasn't too long that no damage has been done. I am such a worrier anyway and not being helped by the fact my husband is in hospital overnight with a heart problem, I only went out because he insisted on it, so I wouldn't be home worrying about him all night and now I've got myself into a state about this now. I know stress can be dangerous so I just have to find a way to relax.
Thank you again though. It helps knowing someone else is awake at this time and cared enough to respond to me.

WhoWasThatMaskedWoman Sat 22-Feb-14 01:11:38

I went to an unbelievably noisy concert when I was pg with DD. I was quite concerned, but a bit of research reassured me that the baby is very well protected in there, and horrifically loud noises are really not a problem.

Best of luck for the remainder of your pg.

kotakinabalu Sat 22-Feb-14 01:16:44

Aw thank you. Pleased to know other pregnant ladies have been to concerts. I think I'm going to be extra cautious about where I go to in future. No more concerts for now, I'll never get any sleep otherwise!

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Sat 22-Feb-14 01:16:57

When I was 18 weeks pregnant I fell off a stage and landed on my tummy. I now have a snoring 17 month old next to me. smile at the time though I flew in a panic to A&E where a lovely doctor showed me pictures of his 5 year old and told me that the worrying doesn't stop when you have them!

All the hormones make you even more anxious than normal so that you will protect your growing baby. They are so well cushioned and I'm sure the vibrations won't have done anything. An 18 week gestation baby is so much more secure than a pre-12 week pregnancy.

Have a hot sweet drink and try to sleep. flowers

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Sat 22-Feb-14 01:17:56

Btw was not raving on a stage, just visiting a theatre in the day! grin

poppins30 Sat 22-Feb-14 01:33:27

I wouldn't worry about it too much, babies are very well protected in there. When you think about the vibrations from buses/trains and going to the cinema with loud music etc, all things you can safely do while pregnant, I doubt it would do any harm smile

hazchem Sat 22-Feb-14 04:41:01

I stage managed a couple of festivals while pregnant with DS and stood in frount of the speaker stack quite a lot as it feels nice. He is almost 3 and has good hearing apart from bath time smile
have you thought of taking a pregnancy yoga class or meditation class. injoy are lovely and even if you aren't local there are a couple of great pregnancy meditations on there you can down load for free.

kotakinabalu Sat 22-Feb-14 07:32:15

Everyone, thank you so much for easing my stresses and worries. Yep, I can believe the hormones have probably made me react more than usual! So far there's been no bleeding so fingers crossed all is ok. I am going to join a yoga class this weekend, that should chill me out a little bit with any luck. Goodness, am I going to be this worried about every little thing for the rest of my life now? smile

OwlinaTree Sat 22-Feb-14 08:07:47

I went to a music festival at about 13 weeks and the baby was fine.

JeanSeberg Sat 22-Feb-14 08:23:46

Hope your husband is back home soon. thanks

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Sat 22-Feb-14 08:29:03

Once you can feel lots of kicks it's reassuring and more fun. I hope you have an uneventful pregnancy

stiffstink Sat 22-Feb-14 08:45:53

I went to a standing concert at 7 months, DH got me a chair (we were on a balcony) and some bitch stole it! I'm still angry 2 yrs later!

^not really relevant^

Anyway, I am sure baby will be fine, my DS quite enjoyed music (I think) from about 18 weeks.

kotakinabalu Sat 22-Feb-14 09:00:17

Ooh I'm not surprised you're still angry they took your chair! Some people just don't care do they..
thanks JeanSeberg-still waiting to hear if he'll be out of hospital today. The visiting hours aren't until 2pm but hoping to sneak in a little earlier. I definitely won't tell him about my panic attack about noise vibrations last night or it'll affect his heart even more. He'll probably just tell me I was being silly but it's more comforting to hear it from 10 people who have been/are pregnant! smile

grobagsforever Sat 22-Feb-14 09:11:40

I would complain about midwife! She should be fired for dispensing such crap! You'll be fine OP I took DD to some very loud gigs. She is three now and has excellent hearing.

qazxc Sat 22-Feb-14 09:21:57

I am shock and angry at your midwife, I would seriously consider complaining, where was the care, empathy, information and reassurance?

I wouldn't worry about the concert though. Babies are very well cushioned in there. When you think about it everyday it will have some vibration from car,bus etc...

squizita Sat 22-Feb-14 10:37:22

Noisy music doesn't cause mc. angry I also would complain about the midwife. She should know this.

kotakinabalu Sat 22-Feb-14 10:49:35

I didn't get her name unfortunately to complain, she was the only midwife available at the time to answer my call but she made me feel like a miscarriage was on the cards. Perhaps she was so busy she didn't have time to say anything else, but I was surprised because usually the midwives/staff at the hospital have been amazing.
Can I just ask what DD and OP stand for? I'm new to this and haven't got to grips with it all yet..
thank you everyone for the support x

cathpip Sat 22-Feb-14 11:00:05

Dd - darling daughter
Op - original poster.
Don't panic to much about vibration, and it's a shame that you did not get the midwives name so you could make a complaint.
I fell down 4 wooden steps at my bosses house on Tuesday, I'm 34 weeks pregnant and landed very hard on my arse, the only damage is a large bruise and a sore back, thankfully one of my bosses is a surgeon and the other an anesthetist, so they gave me and baby the once over, baby is fine and clearly got plenty of cushioning still smile

mrsbug Sat 22-Feb-14 11:04:34

I went to reading festival when I was about 20 weeks pg, I went to see green day. Now that was loud! I steered well clear of the mosh pit though. Dd is fine smile

kotakinabalu Sat 22-Feb-14 11:25:23

Thanks for explaining cathpip. Sorry to hear you had a fall but so lucky your bosses were in the position to check everything out for you! That must have been a relief. Glad to hear all is ok and you're not hurt either.

PervyMuskrat Sat 22-Feb-14 11:29:55

Similar experience to mrsbug, went to Sonisphere at c20 weeks pregnant (Rammstein and Iron Maiden so not a quiet gig!) and all was fine. I'd be tempted to go this year but I'll be 36 weeks this time and I think that's probably my limit wink

LBOCS Sat 22-Feb-14 11:33:21

I went and saw The Offspring when I was about 25 weeks pregnant (and I'd had three miscarriages prior to that). I'm currently sitting in the car while 15mo DD naps smile

Congratulations, you'll be fine.

Amiasmummy Sat 22-Feb-14 21:33:48

Mrsbug - I was at Reading festival too! grin I was 11 weeks pregnant. Also went to a Skindred gig at 33 weeks, although I was sensible enough to get a seat in the balcony area for that one.
I'm currently 36 weeks and all is well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now