Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

extremely painful backache 37+4 advice

(5 Posts)
steppyhen Fri 21-Feb-14 21:01:46

37+4 in extreme pain with backache, started 2 days ago. Could this be the start of baby coming? Midwife gave me a tubi grip for support its doing nothing just gradually getting worse struggling to walk, had a hot bath had to get dh to get me in and out struggling! not having any other symptoms had growth scan yday and baby measuring 5 weeks ahead and gave me an estimated weight of 8lbs5 so could maybe just be back pain from a big boy???

TheGreatHunt Fri 21-Feb-14 21:04:48

Do you know which way baby is facing? Try getting on all fours and swaying, kneeling over an exercise ball and sitting in a chair backwards (so you're hugging the back if that makes sense). These positions move baby forwards hopefully taking pressure off your back.

steppyhen Fri 21-Feb-14 21:09:32

face is up not sure what correct term is? am gonna get on all fours and get dh to rub back!! blooming sore! xx

TheGreatHunt Fri 21-Feb-14 21:27:29

Posterior? That might be why it hurts so much. Try not to slouch in a sofa and lots of getting on all fours for encourage baby around.

I found the only thing that helped was a hot water bottle or a wheat pack heated in the microwave... Simple yet effective. (My girl was big too so it could be a big baby putting strain in your back)

Although my contractions started in my back so this could be it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now