Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this normal re: emotions?

(6 Posts)
MB34 Fri 21-Feb-14 20:24:17

I'm only 5 weeks gone but I feel like I want to cry all the time! And I don't mean have a little weep - I mean proper sobbing.

I told my boss I am pg yesterday (as there are safety issues at work) and I sobbed while telling her and for a good 10 minutes afterwards.

I've also become a bit forgetful and made a silly mistake in work today which my boss was quite firm with me that it can never happen again (which I did know). It was just before we were leaving and I sobbed all the way to my car (5 minutes walk) and all the way home (40 minute drive). I've only just stopped crying but feel like I could start again at any time.

Is this normal for 5 weeks? It's my second DC and I don't remember being this bad with number 1!

purplemurple1 Fri 21-Feb-14 20:27:10

It does sound a lot but I expect with a dc1 you are already tired.
Could you work be changed to something less critical if mistakes are a big no no?

MB34 Fri 21-Feb-14 20:42:31

Not really, there'a a lot going on in work at the minute - we have a new boss and as I'm the most senior member of the team under her, I'm being asked to do a lot of things that I haven't done before (they are part of my role but my old boss wasn't bothered about me doing them).

And since I'm the only person of my level (who does certain other jobs to enable her time to be free'd up), I don't think she'd be able to let me step down as then she wouldn't be able to have anyone else to do those specific jobs. Also, it's quite a big drop in pay which I wouldn't consider anyway.

Are you pg at the minute purple?

Bonnella20 Fri 21-Feb-14 21:03:44

I've cried at the most ridiculous things. Watched the Olympics today and cried for an hour sad I have stressful job too and been crying with slightest but of stress. I think it's the hormones that magnifies everything by 1000 lol. Just think you will be on mat leave soon smile xx

purplemurple1 Fri 21-Feb-14 23:47:40

Having a 6 week mc at the min unfortunately! But have a 5 month dc so still fairly familiar with the pg feeling.

You will need to tell work and accept changes to your job role - I hope they are ok about it for you.

MB34 Sat 22-Feb-14 21:31:25

I'm so sorry to hear that purple, this can't be a good time for you. You must be heartbroken.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now