Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction at 39+6 with first baby

(3 Posts)
bankie123 Fri 21-Feb-14 17:30:25

I am being induced next week at 39+6 with my first baby. I've low platelets and high blood pressure. In many ways I'm pleased to be getting the show on the road, as I'm worried about platelets and blood pressure but I'm also worried about the induction process.

Can anyone share their experiences?

Thanks!

Mim78 Fri 21-Feb-14 18:32:22

Hi. I was induced at 38 weeks with dd - all was fine. Contractions started immediately and whole thing was 12 hours with 3 hour labour. Only needed gas and air. So good experience for me.

This time I am being induced on my due date, so at 40 weeks, because of slightly small baby. They offered me option to go a bit longer (up to 41 weeks max) but it was such a good experience for me last time I don't want to risk going longer. Apparently one good inductionn experience suggests another is likely to succeed.

There are risks of goin over term too if there is a suspicion the baby might not be getting all it needs or a number of other reasons.

OwlinaTree Sat 22-Feb-14 08:17:52

Main annoyance is you can't move around as much because you are all hooked up to machines, drips, heartbeat monitor etc. This scuppered my active birth plans!

People say contractions are more intense, but I can't comment personally on that as I've only been induced.

I managed on gas and air for ages but had to have the pethadin in the end, I was so shattered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now