Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

igur baby and chromosomes

(8 Posts)
newmummy2014 Fri 21-Feb-14 12:37:59

hi I really need some reassurance I am 33 weeks pregnant with severe igur baby and chromosome's I am so worried I am going to lose my baby by miscarriage or still birth

KatAndKit Fri 21-Feb-14 14:18:27

So sorry you are going through such a worrying time. What is your consultants plan with regards to the iugr? Have they talked about delivering you early?

TheOnlySeven Fri 21-Feb-14 14:44:58

Hi, firstly do not google. What has your consultant said? I imagine you'll have regular scans every fortnight or so to monitor your baby's growth. It's not much help I know but if they were really worried about your baby they'd be making plans to deliver early. My DS was born at 35+5 at 4lb 9oz, small but perfectly healthy. He had undiagnosod IUGR (only read about it in my notes afterwards) probably caused by my pre-eclampsia.

newmummy2014 Fri 21-Feb-14 18:30:28

hi thankyou for ur reply's my baby was discovered with severe igur at 29 weeks and since then I have been up to the hostpital twice a week since , to have blood test , steroids , Doppler study and growth scans I am now 33 + 4 days and due to be induced on Monday 24th feb . the doctor was not sure what was causing the problem as most of my test came back clear ,, but said I have chromosomes and they could do a Amniocentesis test which I refused I am not bothered bout having the perfect baby would but I am bothered about still birth and miscarriage

sneakyday Fri 21-Feb-14 18:45:19

Do you know anything about what the chromosome problems are.

My sil had iugr and they induced early. She had a perfect little girl. There are countless happy stories out there as well as bad ones x

newmummy2014 Fri 21-Feb-14 19:08:37

no sorry I don't know sneakyday what sort of chromosomes I have the doctor never said x

sneakyday Fri 21-Feb-14 19:16:45

No need to be sorry. Everyone has chromosomes and there are a huge number of things that can affect them. By googling you will probably see all the worst possible outcomes.

Its like someone saying they are a little bit in debt. Without knowing what a little bit actually means it could be anything from 50p to the Greek national debt.

Speak to your doctor. Do they want to give you an amnio so they can help find a treatment route or is it just to give you information?

Good luck xx

newmummy2014 Fri 21-Feb-14 19:30:42

didn't even know we all had chromosomes daft me , doctor wanted me to have the Amniocentesis to check what the problem is , I wont see doctor till I go in to be induced on Monday thankyou sneakyday xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now