Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Easy pregnancy. Difficult labour.

(6 Posts)
LucyB1 Fri 21-Feb-14 10:21:21

Is there any truth on this?

vvviola Fri 21-Feb-14 10:25:26

I think it depends on your definitions of easy & difficult grin

But objectively speaking I probably had 2 easy-ish pregnancies and 2 relatively easy labours (although the speed of both caught be by surprise a bit)

Lorelei353 Fri 21-Feb-14 10:29:42

I don't know about 'easy' but I had an uncomplicated pregnancy and childbirth.

In terms if pregnancy I had some nausea but no real sickness. Some run of the mill hip pain and discomfort but nothing major or requiring intervention or time off work.

My labour and childbirth were fairly text book. 12 hours from first cramps, progressing steadily until I delivered, drug free in a birth pool at the hospital. No drama, 2nd degree tear, but no intervention. I won't pretend it was easy but it was calm and uncomplicated!

SillySnuffler Fri 21-Feb-14 10:41:48

No

I had 2 hideous pregnancies and an horrendous labour that ended in EMCS with DC1 (had elective with DC2 because I never wanted to go through it again!).

But I find breastfeeding easy and have fairly easy newborns. I'd have 10 of them if I didn't have to do the pregnancy/delivery bit first grin

DaleyBump Fri 21-Feb-14 11:04:38

I had a relatively difficult pregnancy. Was induced, in labour for 4 days, had a huge bleed, tore badly and had countless stitches. Pethidine didn't work, neither did my epidural and my stitches got badly infected twice (which was actually more painful than labour).

ChicaMomma Fri 21-Feb-14 11:08:25

I've never heard that saying, and cannot fathom how there could be any truth in it at all!

it might just be a 'relative' thing- the labour might SEEM more horrible given the lovely pregnancy, but i cant see the link.. infact, when i think of my clsoe friends, the one that had horror pregnancies were the ones that had horror labours, it's almost like they talked themselves into it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now