Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Acheing fingers :(

(6 Posts)
Aaliyah1 Fri 21-Feb-14 10:11:20

My finger joints and wrists hurt. It's the worst when I get up during the night or first thing in the morning hmm

33 weeks! Any tips on how to make it better? I have no noticeable swelling.

Finnbheara Fri 21-Feb-14 10:15:08

It could be carpal tunnel syndrome, quite common during pregnancy and normally resolves post partum.

Try not to curl your wrists when you sleep. Ask your midwife as you can get wrist supports that will help to stop you curling your wrists.

highlove Fri 21-Feb-14 10:56:55

No tips but sympathy - I have had this since about 30 weeks, now almost 38. If it's any consolation mine doesn't seem to have worsened any - it just kind of started and has stayed the same. Some mornings are worse than others but I've not been able to work out what (if anything) triggers it to be worse.

Aaliyah1 Fri 21-Feb-14 23:01:59

It's so annoying confused today I've been feeling it during the day. Not too bad but an annoying pain sad

Charingcrossbun Sat 22-Feb-14 09:09:47

I have this from around 33 weeks too am now 37. I find swimming helps - when I come out of pool I can do things like text and plait my hair....

SweetPea86 Sat 22-Feb-14 10:35:38

I'm 33 weeks been getting the same. I have chubby small hands so now it looks like I've got sausages for fingers lol.
My hubby has been giving me hand rubs which takes the pain away, I find my fingers feel stiff on a morning but I think it's because I'm laying on my arm on a night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now