Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breathlessness

(8 Posts)
McBaby Fri 21-Feb-14 07:17:58

I have been struggling to breathe most of the night and can hear my heart pounding. I am 31 weeks so presumably the baby is just in a position pressing on my lungs it's just v unpleasant. Is any one experiencing this I don't remember this form last time!

Dappydongle Fri 21-Feb-14 07:18:38

Please call your midwife ASAP.

Loopylouu Fri 21-Feb-14 09:00:20

I agree, I think you need to be seen.

I get breathless/have heart palpitations but I am 34 weeks with a breech baby who is trying to push her head out via my ribcage. But it's only mild. If you are having real trouble breathing, you should go for a checkover.

McBaby Fri 21-Feb-14 12:59:47

All checked over including bloods and ECG. A fine except still struggling to breathe.

Baby is not massive and is head down so no one knows why just have to go back if it gets worse.

eurochick Fri 21-Feb-14 13:00:47

No anaemia?

McBaby Fri 21-Feb-14 13:03:52

Iron levels are on low side but not anemic.

Mummytobe2014 Fri 21-Feb-14 13:08:29

McBaby I had something similar and hospital couldn't find anything so went to my gp who said I had chest infection, gave me anti biotics and an inhaler. The minute I used the inhaler my breathing was so much better and I no longer felt restricted. I couldn't sleep before hand and was getting really anxious but now I haven't experienced it since. I would go to your gp and ask them.
I know how horrible it feels I just couldn't catch my breath.

HeavenK76 Fri 21-Feb-14 17:06:24

I feel the same and I'm only 17 weeks
can't eat as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now