Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I get pregnant on implant??

(6 Posts)
Sammihislop14 Thu 20-Feb-14 20:51:36

Hi I need somebody's help. I've been on implants for about a year and half and never suffered with periods but last month I had a bit of bleeding and last week I started having bad pains so I thought it was a start if my
Period again. I've been bleeding really heavy for a week now and suffering with really bad cramps. The weird thing is the blood isn't in my knickers much it's just when I wipe but I have a lot of heavy blood and it isn't getting lighter. I have also been weeing a lot more than usual . I checked websites and apprany
These are signs of early pregnancy any help???

Mogz Fri 21-Feb-14 10:15:16

No contraception is a 100% guarantee against pregnancy, so yes, you could be but it is a ver slight chance.
Some women do get slight bleeds in the early weeks of pregnancy, known as implantation bleeding, and going to the loo more frequently happens to a lot f women too.
However more frequent peeing is also a sign of many other things, along with cramping you could have a uti.
The only way you'll know for sure is to take a pregnancy test and get along to your gp.

sarahquilt Fri 21-Feb-14 10:44:51

It's highly unlikely with the implant. When you have it in for a while you start to get pregnancy-like symptoms but it's the implant tricking the body into thinking it's already pregnant.

Jolleigh Fri 21-Feb-14 10:53:28

The exact same thing happened to me. I had an infection.

The implant is extremely unlikely to fail once it's in the correct position. If you really need certainty, take a test.

whiteblossom Fri 21-Feb-14 11:36:27

mmmm, someone that works for my dh got pregnant on this. She thought she was ill, docs ran loads of tests....until they did a pg test which came back positive. The consultant was as shocked as she was. By this point she was quite pg! No idea if she had a bleed but it is possible to get pg on it. do a test.

Snowflake27 Fri 21-Feb-14 13:30:14

I just wanted to say having also been on the implant that It can be a very unpredictable form of contraception. I had it for well over a year with little or no periods and then one day I started bleeding and didn't stop for 4 months- before having it removed! The doctor said then that it was still relatively new and though it was fine for the majority of women, some do have very irregular bleeds on it, it could be that you are just one of these women.
I also agree although its one of the safest contraceptives there could be the slimmest of slim chances, but check with the GP for a UTI as it can cause blood when you wipe too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now