Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hospitall bag

(12 Posts)
samandkat Thu 20-Feb-14 19:50:48

when should I start packing my labour bag im currently 29 weeks pregnant

also what did you find most useful to have packed

is there any thing you wished you packed but didn't

Inglori0us Thu 20-Feb-14 20:07:30

Earphones! I put loads of music on my phone and it drowned out noise of other people on the ward.
Chargers.
Flip flops for walking about in rather than slippers.
Small hand held fan was a godsend as the ward was hot as hell.
I've just started packing mine at 32 weeks. Just in case.
I got mini moisturiser, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste to save space in the bag.

HelenHen Thu 20-Feb-14 20:09:57

Whenever you want really! I'm 32 weeks and packed last week! Bring change of clothes, plenty of underwear,socks, nighty, slippers, magazine's were brilliant, snacks, toiletries, towel, mp3player, chargers, change... Whatever Home comforts you want. On the hospital tour we were advised to bring our own pillow as there is sometimes a shortage apparently!

HelenHen Thu 20-Feb-14 20:12:20

This time I've packed a single use intensive conditioner thingy... I've never ever had my hair so knotty! grin

Ooohh ear plugs would be a great idea! I packed minis too.

samandkat Thu 20-Feb-14 20:45:24

thanks girls it help to know roughly what im going to need most I think I will start packing around now then just so I know I have penty of time

Inglori0us Thu 20-Feb-14 20:53:14

I packed a bag for me and a bag for the baby. It made it easier to find stuff without getting it all out.

samandkat Thu 20-Feb-14 20:54:47

that's a good idea

crashbangboom Thu 20-Feb-14 21:03:11

Little bottles of drink esp lemonade.

NewBlueShoesToo Thu 20-Feb-14 21:06:08

Dark coloured yoga pants to wear as day clothes or pyjamas.
Big bar of chocolate.
Baby nighties, or whatever they are called. One size fits all, no poppers.
Slippers or flip flops.

Mildpanic Thu 20-Feb-14 21:06:42

I would put in a load of pants and at least double the maternity pads you were planning as I went in with rupture of membranes at 8.30 am. I had gone through all 6 pairs of pants and a whole pack of maternity pads by the time I went to theatre at 4 pm. Hospital didn't have any pads or paper knickers to give me????
I would also recommend men's underpants. I had yet another section and this time I pinched my DH's brand new pack before he had chance to get to them, excellent for a section scar. Just wish I had them in my hospital bag.
I was also glad I had packed several pairs of pj's. Very hot and sweaty on the ward, plastic mattresses and non opening windows are almost intolerable. Dark colour bottoms are a necessity? Baby wipes are good for wiping yourself rather than struggling to the bathroom each time you need.

Mummytobe2014 Thu 20-Feb-14 21:47:57

Im 37+3 and havent packed yet but do have some items ready for bag! Know i need to get my act together but feel so unorganised...plus it seems a mindfield knowing what to pack lol!

YeahThatsWhatISaid Thu 20-Feb-14 21:58:33

Lipsalve
Chocolate
Something easy to read

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now