Talk

Advanced search

What did you ask at booking in?

(8 Posts)
Honeybear30 Thu 20-Feb-14 19:20:33

Hi smile

I know 'what to expect at booking in' has been done a 100 times so I'm not worried and have a good idea of what will happen. But, I've read quite a lot that I should make sure I have my questions ready. I have no idea what to ask?! I'm not a particularly paranoid person and I've been feeling ok ish until now. I can't think of anything to ask! What did you ask at your appointment? Appointment is tomorrow!

MissSlackPants84 Thu 20-Feb-14 19:30:53

I had no questions to ask. My midwife is excellent at explaining everything smile

They ask you loads of questions about you, your baby father and both your families. Its just a form filling exercise really.

Fairypants Thu 20-Feb-14 19:40:44

I asked about arrangements for home birth - when I had dd1 and dd2 we had team midwives who did all checkups and then delivered you either at home or hospital but I know the system has changed so wanted to clarify whether it is likely to be a midwife ive met before who delivers dc3- it isn't likelyhmm
I also had questions relating to a previous miscarriage and SPD which I had in previous pregnancies. If you don't have any complications or concerns it is ok to not have any questions.
Do ask for a bounty pack and/or emmas diary if they don't give it to you thoughgrin

SandwichBag Thu 20-Feb-14 19:45:02

I asked about food mainly - what specifically I could eat I.e. Philadelphia and mayonnaise... Also asked about excersise. MW told me not to jump into a Swimming Pool but climb in as water rushing up inside you can cause MC - didn't know that so very glad she told me smile

stressbucket1 Thu 20-Feb-14 20:45:30

They will ask you about family history of problems in pregnancy such as high blood pressure and any health problems that run in the family so it might be worth talking to your parents before you go.

Honeybear30 Thu 20-Feb-14 21:00:20

Thanks for all the replies smile I don't feel so bad about not having any questions now. Our families don't know I'm expecting so can't speak to them about medical history but I have a pretty good idea of this already. Only 4 weeks until we can tell them, I can't wait!

PenguinsEatSpinach Thu 20-Feb-14 21:02:30

Why would water whoosh up you? confused I can see general jostling/heavy impact in late pregnancy/risk of slipping with balance off kilter though.

SweetPea86 Thu 20-Feb-14 22:42:18

The midwife pretty much covered every thing. Even though my pregnancy was planned, as it's my first I felt slightly overwhelmed.

She asks you about family health history, you and your partner lifestyle like drink and smoking.
Take your bloods and a urine sample. Asks how your feeling.

Don't worry I had a few things to ask and totally forgot. The midwife is really detailed amount of info tho so she should cover every thing.
I love this forum ladies really helpful and we may not be midwifes but carrying babies so any questions try on here too.

They also give you your notes for any app and scans you go to. With a number to ring open 24 hours to ask any questions you need to know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now