Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I have a cough could it be chicken pox?

(2 Posts)
LurkingNineToFive Thu 20-Feb-14 19:15:42

Both me and my 3yr old dd have had a cough for about 3 weeks. I've been to see doctor and he said we both sounded okay?? (Whatever that means).
Today my dd came home from nursery with spots all over her and the nursery said lots of the children have chicken pox. My dd had it a year ago so this is her second time. I've already had it too but my immune system is rock bottom from being ill and pregnant (I'm 15 weeks).
Do you think the cough could be related? Has anyone else had it twice? If so was it because you had a low immune system, I don't know if that's how it works.... Should I call the doctor again?

missmapp Thu 20-Feb-14 19:20:51

Don't know about the cough I'm afraid, but mine were not really ill with CP, just fed up and feverish- don't remember a cough though

. I know lots of children ( mine included) who have had it twice, but not adults. Not a lot you can do if your dd has it- but I would call the doctor/midwife for advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now