Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

spotting or MC

(14 Posts)
teasleromani123 Thu 20-Feb-14 15:33:34

Hello im 8 weeks pregs,
I went to the loo yesterday and wiped and it was a water pink colour?
it didn't happen every time I went to the loo.
its not enough for a sanny pad!
earlier Today I went to the loo nothing,,... NORMAL,! went to the loo about 2/3 hours ago and again water pink, just gone now and a dark red,,,, is it a miscarriage or spotting? I am having no aches or pains or no clotting, just a bit worried as I have had 3 MC's before and my other MC's happened at 3 months and im only 2?? Scared HELP... has the happened to anyone else and what was there outcome??
Thanks
all opinions welcome. x.x.x
Emma..

bakingtins Thu 20-Feb-14 15:41:06

Hi Emma. So sorry you are worried, it's the worst feeling in the world to see blood when you've previously suffered a MC. I've had 4MC but also had bleeding in my 2 (and a half, being positive about current one) successful pregnancies. Lack of cramps and clots is good, but really you need a scan to see what is going on. How does your local EPU work? Can you self-refer or do you need a GP referral? I'd rest up and try to get a scan sorted as soon as you can. Will cross fingers for a successful outcome. If you need support there are lovely threads for RMC on the miscarriage board and pregnancy after MC on this one.

squizita Thu 20-Feb-14 15:44:14

So sorry to hear you've had that anxious moment of bleeding. It's such a horrific feeling. Go to your local EPU for a check-up. Either ring direct or ask your GP to refer you. Bleeding in pregnancy does occur quite often and all is well (it can be a tear in the forming placenta, irritation on the cervix etc') but given your history do get it checked out.

Have you had all the tests and so forth for recurrent miscarriage? You have had 3 borderline late losses (after 3 months, MC is much rarer) and your GP should definitely refer you, and you should also be entitled to extra reassurance scans in early pregnancy. Tell the EPU your history - mine were excellent in securing me tests and extra care after my losses when my GP was a bit clueless. Also tell them if it's good news - they may well book you in for reassurance scans.

There's the pregnant after MC thread here, very supportive! smile

teasleromani123 Thu 20-Feb-14 15:45:00

thanks I have to see a GP I cant self refer DAFT! But I will see a GP asap to see whats happening, thank for your quick reply aswel..

teasleromani123 Thu 20-Feb-14 15:57:35

I have also noticed it goes a dark red after ive picked my 2yr old son (3stone) up,,, does anyone recon it anything todo with straining ??

squizita Thu 20-Feb-14 16:08:24

I've had spotting after going to the toilet when constipated. If it were that it would be the outside of the cervix thankfully. But do try to get yourself referred to the EPU, they'll be able to scan you and give the best advice.

teasleromani123 Thu 20-Feb-14 16:20:24

if I go to the EPU they will look for the babies heart beat.. but aint the baby far to small to see the heart??.... X

Armadale Thu 20-Feb-14 16:25:11

Hi Emma, really sorry you have this worry....I think the GP for a referral for EPU scan is the only clear way you are going to know for sure, although lack of cramps and clots is a good sign.

By 8 weeks the heartbeat should be clearly visible, (will probably do a vaginal scan) and even if your dates are out by a few days, they would still expect to see a heartbeat by now, so I'm hoping the EPU will be able to scan and reassure you.

Often they have difficulty finding a heartbeat at 6 weeks and send people away for 2 weeks as the thinking is by 8 weeks it should be seen.

I don't know if the lifting could be causing it, but I'd be tempted to try and avoid it at the moment for your peace of mind. x

teasleromani123 Thu 20-Feb-14 16:29:16

thank you for your reply, I am scared that they will say it another MC
sad.... I dont think my Husband will cope...so scared,, i'm going to have to ring Midwife or GP and they will refer me to the EPU, thanks xx

Armadale Thu 20-Feb-14 16:35:14

Emma, I've had five MC's, I know that dread well, but honestly the waiting is absolutely crushingly awful and even if the worst has happened you need to know.

On the other hand it might be lovely news.

There is a lot of support on these boards, and people will be around to hold your hand thanks

teasleromani123 Thu 20-Feb-14 19:53:44

thank you so much Armadale.. means a lot to know that there is other people out there who cares smile
first thing in the morning I am on the phone to Midwife and they will refer me to the EPU..
im scared but what happens happens I cant change a thing.. xx

Armadale Fri 21-Feb-14 11:02:13

Thinking of you today Emma, I hope you manage to get that scan x

teasleromani123 Tue 25-Feb-14 15:36:55

I went for the scan yesterday, saw baby, saw a heartbeat smile and they said they didn't know why I was bleeding and it wasn't from round my cervix..
got up this morning and i had 2 clots and a bit of pain,,, so I got to go for another scan sad ,........
thanks

teasleromani123 Tue 25-Feb-14 15:36:55

I went for the scan yesterday, saw baby, saw a heartbeat smile and they said they didn't know why I was bleeding and it wasn't from round my cervix..
got up this morning and i had 2 clots and a bit of pain,,, so I got to go for another scan sad ,........
thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now