Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Who's baby is it?

(15 Posts)
Middleageman Thu 20-Feb-14 12:45:53

Hello I'm new to this, just need little advice. I slept with a girl 12th may 2013 but I my sperm went into my hand, sorry for being blunt. Anyway in June she tells me that she is pregnant but has also been sleeping with other men and of course her boyfriend (unprotected) after me. Anyway on 24th June I took her for a private scan and the women wanted us to go back as it was too early saying 5/6 weeks it was only a yolk type of thing. That date marked 6 weeks since I slept with her when I look into the dates etc she should have been 8 weeks if this baby was mine? Anyway here due date was given as 15th feb 2014 still just under 2 weeks from when mine was meant to be if it was line (2 feb), so her dates have been fauily accurate all the way through the pregnancy. According to calculations online etc it says she should have been caught pregnant between 20 to 29 may 2013. I slept with her 12may? What do people think as I'm worried? She says it's not mine

Rockchick1984 Thu 20-Feb-14 13:01:28

From what you have said here it's not yours, but the only way to know 100% is a DNA test.

LastOneDancing Thu 20-Feb-14 13:58:30

The science of babies isn't as precise as 'two weeks out, it can't be mine'. I only slept with DH and the dates don't match up with the times we DTD because the baby was slightly bigger and measured a week ahead.

You need a DNA test when the baby arrives.

MrsKent Thu 20-Feb-14 18:09:55

Baby's due date is calculated from first date of her last period, the date baby was conceived is not the date you had sex, may be up to 4 days later if you had sex before ovulation... And the date embryo was implanted is different too... Anyway, not sure I am explaining it very clear but there's no way of knowing who is the father with dates of intercourse. You will need a DNA test when baby is born.

fancyanotherfez Thu 20-Feb-14 18:17:44

And also, withdrawal method is a rubbish method of contraception, especially for having sex with someone who has multiple partners on the go at the same time. Get checked out for STD's

Middleageman Thu 20-Feb-14 18:21:07

Agreed. According to calculations she will have conceived 20 through to 29 may.... I had sex with her 12th may? When I took her to early scan it was 5/6 weeks really early nurse said. It would have been 8 weeks from when I had sex? Give a take a couple of days?

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 20-Feb-14 18:23:43

No-one here can know. Only DNA test will prove either way.

Use condoms in future.

chandlery Thu 20-Feb-14 18:26:41

I'd be concerned in the meantime you haven't caught something nasty. You do realise you're at risk of AIDS/hiv especially as she's admitted sleeping around.

A baby is the least of your worries.

Middleageman Thu 20-Feb-14 18:30:32

Yes I didn't realise about all these people until after but that's my mistake been checked out fine.. Will not make that mistake again

YouAreMyRain Thu 20-Feb-14 18:34:06

Are you really a middle aged man? If you have been sleeping with a "girl" that is a matter for the police (unless you mean "woman" and are just being a teensy bit misogynistic)

Middleageman Thu 20-Feb-14 18:39:28

Yes sorry I do mean woman

YouAreMyRain Thu 20-Feb-14 21:05:17

Good. Only a DNA test will tell you for definite I'm afraid. Hope you get the result you want.

Beccadugs Thu 20-Feb-14 22:58:10

Dates can be really inaccurate.

I was 300 miles from my DH when we conceived apparently!!

MerryBuddha Thu 20-Feb-14 23:05:21

My dates don't tally up either, and I have only ever been with Dh for last 15 yrs.

DNA test. Easy to do and the best choice, the baby does deserve to know who the dad is!!!

jamtoast12 Thu 20-Feb-14 23:14:50

The dates can alter as it can take up to 10 days for implantation. With both of mine, I was 2 weeks out due to this. This is why some people get a positive result straight away and others wait much longer after a missed period. The pregnancy hormone is only released once implanted. It could be yours for sure so get a DNA test.

Given she's been sleeping around, it could be anyone of you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now