Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just had a crazy melt down! Provoked by hubby. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

(26 Posts)
SweetPea86 Thu 20-Feb-14 11:45:13

Ok warning you now total rant post.

I'm 33 weeks took early maternity coz of SPD and sickness. Hubby wanted me to go on it to take it easy.

Been off for two weeks and haven't stopped, been decorating cleaning getting every thing sorted for us for when baby arrives. I've went from working 40 hours a week so kept my self busy.

Hubby has come home to home cooked meal on the table every night a spotless house.

All I ask is he helps me round the house I get out of breath just walking up the stairs, our washing machine and dryer are in our utility room. But when I say utility room I mean shit hole needing to be converted in to a nice room. Went in this morning after cleaning the house from top to bottom to find a massive mound of HIS clothes and the all over the floor which is damp socks and boxers. Went to pick them all up already fuming for a massive spider to be stood on top.

In total rage I shot all of his clothes at the other side of the room over his working tools. Then sent him a text with about 50 swear words in. He replied sheepishly saying sorry and he would sort it.

It's the same old argument. And I spent half a hour in the kitchen ranting away to my self in floods of tears to the point were you kind of hiccup you've cried that much. Arghhhhh just needed to get that off my chest.

Please tell me you've had melt downs like this. Feel kind of silly now there's clothes all over his tool boxes lol but he's lucky I didn't throw them all over the front!

misspoirot Thu 20-Feb-14 13:41:42

Aw go easy on yourself, you're allowed a meltdown now and then when you're pregnant. Have a cup of tea and give yourself a break x

misspoirot Thu 20-Feb-14 13:43:05

Meant to say don't go picking up dh clothes, bet it won't happen again!

Augustwedding Thu 20-Feb-14 13:44:41

I've done it, not pregnant!

readyforno2 Thu 20-Feb-14 13:46:46

Haha. We all do this. When I was pregnant with ds1, I nearly chucked dp out because he didn't put the toilet seat down.
Packed him a bag and everything!

readyforno2 Thu 20-Feb-14 13:50:11

Sorry. Didn't mean that to sound like I was laughing at you blush, just the memory of me going psycho makes me giggle

SomethingOnce Thu 20-Feb-14 13:51:02

I'm trying not to be a bitch but have got monumentally and irrationally cross about two fairly-minor-in-the-scheme-of-things in the past week.

Say sorry to DH (and don't take it out on the spider) smile

squizita Thu 20-Feb-14 14:15:26

I'm only in the first trimester and have had melt downs already when sick/tired. Major spousal neglect e.g. forgetting to buy Ribina, eating the last chocolate biscuit, forgetting to record 3 Musketeers. grin

squizita Thu 20-Feb-14 14:23:36

...and just building up to another. We have 2 TVs, one in the living room and one in a distant, sealed up spare room where DH smokes his ciggies so as not to pollute the rest of the house especially given my condition. angry He just came in from work and started napping in the living room. I can't go in the other room, it's my week off and I wanted to catch up on all my series I've missed when busy at work.

Breathes. Remembers he did entire supermarket shop on way back to save me a chore. Breathes.

SomethingOnce Thu 20-Feb-14 14:42:42

So put the telly on!

squizita Thu 20-Feb-14 15:09:25

;) He won't wake up.. he'll just snore and mumble. He's like a hibernating bear! grin

Littlebean13 Thu 20-Feb-14 16:53:15

Dp leaves his wet towels either on the bed or the floor and it drives me crazy! How hard is it to pick it up and put it on the radiator or chuck it in the wash basket?!

HelenHen Thu 20-Feb-14 21:12:10

Grrr bloody useless dp's! And yep I've done this not pregnant too grin

Put your feet up and have a good angry cry about the whole thing... At least it might make him not do it again!

qazxc Thu 20-Feb-14 22:37:27

don't worry totally normal. SIL had a meltdown at supermarket tills when she realised MIL was buying non free range eggs. I am in awe at her fantastic preggo rages, anything i do now is going to look very tame. smile

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 20-Feb-14 22:43:11

Husband or DH, wifey wink

Hormones, stressed, exhausted- reasons for anger- not excuses for acting badly. Apologise to him and realise it's not a big deal in the grand scheme.

SweetPea86 Thu 20-Feb-14 22:49:12

It was a big deal to me. In the grand scheme of things even if I wasn't pregnant this would of annoyed me lol because it's the same old same old.

When he got home I didn't even have to mention it he went and sorted it out. Even put some washing in.

Then he apologised. I did apologise for getting angry but he even agreed he takes the piss some times. So all good

No spiders were harmed lol as I was to busy falling over his stuff running away from it lol

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 20-Feb-14 22:52:25

Then you need to talk rather than losing your temper evey time it happens. Lol

Aaliyah1 Fri 21-Feb-14 01:34:43

Totally feel your pain! I'm 33 weeks and have also started maternity a couple of weeks ago for similar issues. I've become OCD about cleaning and cooking something new and inventive every night. I feel like I need something to show at the end of the day to prove I haven't wasted it. To myself not DH. I ended up in hospital with exhaustion, the opposite effect early maternity should have had! So DH asks me not to do anything around the house and hel take care of it. 4 days later we are running out of food, have eaten take aways, sink is full of dishes and no hoovering/dusting has been done. I'm now going to have to 'catch up' on this now I have more energy but know ill end up feeling like shit angryangryangry
DH can q happily live in filth but I can't sad

MrsCakesPremonition Fri 21-Feb-14 01:47:42

You have had to take early maternity leave because you are in pain and feeling sick, so you are choosing to run yourself ragged with cleaning, decorating and cooking. When do you rest which is surely the point of being on maternity leave as you sure won't be resting once the baby arrives and look after yourself?

You and your DH need to put in place some strategies and manage each others expectations now, so that you are better placed to cope when you have a tiny newborn. What is the minimum that needs to be done to keep you both feeling relaxed, and how can you both work together to achieve the minimum without either of you having a meltdown?

BrianTheMole Fri 21-Feb-14 01:53:17

grin. At least he heard you. All is hopefully good. And no, you're not alone in that.

HelenHen Fri 21-Feb-14 08:46:27

Sometimes you have to lose your temper for them to get the message! Good you got an apology, they can be so selfish sometimes! Dh is a good debater so if I try to talk about something calmly he usually talks his way out of it and I'm stuck for words

YoureBeingASillyBilly Fri 21-Feb-14 15:47:22

Hmm- im just imagining the response if a man posted here about losing his temper with his wife and someone posted "sometimes you have to lose your temper for them to get the message" hmm

HelenHen Fri 21-Feb-14 16:02:06

Ohforgodsake!!!!!!!!! I'm not advising punching him in the face or strangling him with his clothes! And I'm not a man posting! Dh equally loses his temper with me if I've done something to fuck his day up or make his life harder. Neither of us ever threaten violence but we certainly have arguments. I can't imagine an argument free relationship is healthy or having to submit and apologise when you're not in the wrong!

BrianTheMole Fri 21-Feb-14 16:04:08

Hmm- im just imagining the response if a man posted here about losing his temper with his wife and someone posted "sometimes you have to lose your temper for them to get the message"

I don't think it would be any different in a similar scenario to what the op has posted tbh.

MildDrPepperAddiction Fri 21-Feb-14 16:18:37

If you are feeling tired, sick, Etc why are you running around doing everything? If you want him to do housework then don't clean the house so it's spotless when he comes home.

He still shouldn't have just dumped his clothes there though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now