Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sore throat and coughing - can I take anything?

(10 Posts)
Sparkle9 Thu 20-Feb-14 09:20:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 20-Feb-14 09:23:18

You are a crazy worrier grin

Paracetamol is fine, and drink honey and lemon to soothe the cough.

Sparkle9 Thu 20-Feb-14 09:31:26

EssexGirlLottie Thu 20-Feb-14 09:45:24

Hi, apparently strepsils are a no-no (like most drugs, it's not that they might cause problems, it's just that they haven't tested them in pregnancy ).
I went to the pharmacy recently and asked what i could take for a sore throat in pregnancy and they laughed at me. And then said lockets were ok. Not particularly the greatest cure for a sore throat, but they helped a bit. Or has Alibabaa says, paracetamol and honey/lemon...
Might be worth asking the pharmacy for some dissolvable paracetamol so you can gargle it (and it will start to work directly on your throat)...

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Thu 20-Feb-14 10:01:21

Oops! I relied on strepsils! confused
Mentioned it to the pharmacist and at the hospital and nobody said not to. I was warned off codeine though. Cocodamol was the only thing helping me sleep at one point.
You can take paracetamol.
Hot honey and lemon is good, as is just a spoonful of honey if things get really sore.

HyvaPaiva Thu 20-Feb-14 10:06:47

Yesterday I read that pineapple juice is really good for coughs and colds.

It contains the enzyme 'Bromelain', an anti-inflammatory that heals a sore throat and helps the body to expel mucus. It calms annoying coughs, kills bacteria, and stops any aches. It also helps with the stomach aches and nausea that sometimes come with coughs and colds. Might that help?

Sparkle9 Thu 20-Feb-14 13:18:43

ItsSoFluffyImGonnaDie Fri 21-Feb-14 02:34:40

Merocets are good for sore throats and boots linctus for coughs, only things I found that helped!

K8eee Fri 21-Feb-14 08:29:25

Best cough medicine I have used whilst pregnant was buttercup syrup. I think it's as natural as it gets smile halls soothers are fine. Basically, avoid anything that contains a decongestant hmm thanks

Mummyk1982 Fri 21-Feb-14 08:36:12

Teaspoon of honey mixed with a teaspoon of tumeric- works a treat!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now