Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Wide fooking awake second day in a row!!!

(13 Posts)
K8eee Thu 20-Feb-14 05:37:32

So this is my second day I've woken up stupidly early hmm I'm 35 weeks and can't get comfy, could do with having the whole bed to myself but poor dh has to share with me sad I can't switch my brain off either hmm I know that by 1pm I'll be absolutely shattered (or maybe earlier!) dh has got out of bed as he isn't comfy and can't sleep either. Anyone else struggling?

Wombat79 Thu 20-Feb-14 07:57:00

Sympathies. I keep waking up at 1.30 for the past few nights and not managing to get back to sleep until about 5am (?mild contractions last night - 40 weeks). A power nap will be needed later!

AlwaysDancing1234 Thu 20-Feb-14 07:57:24

I'm 22 weeks and although knackered at night I can't switch my brain off, get comfy and go to sleep, lord knows what I will be like in another 12-15 weeks!
So I'm afraid not miracle cute advice here but I can sympathise!

AlwaysDancing1234 Thu 20-Feb-14 07:58:09

Not miracle cure advice I meant!

Tea1Sugar Thu 20-Feb-14 08:03:13

31+2 and just beyond tired it's a joke! My 3 year old doesn't let me nap in the day either.

Tiptop32 Thu 20-Feb-14 08:47:45

33 weeks here and I would say that for about the last 5 weeks or so my sleep has seriously been affected - the most interrupted sleep I've had is about 3.5 hours and that's not regular. SPD is a major attribute to lack of sleep. I'm averaging 4-5 hours a night as the pain is do bad. Had a cry last night thinking it could be months before I get more than 4 hours sleep in one shot

ThatBloodyWoman Thu 20-Feb-14 08:51:26

I too became insomniac in the later stages of both pregnancies.

There really is no justice, when you know that realistically it could be your last chance for a good sleep for a few weeks.

I didn't find a solution, but spent the wee hours satisfying the nesting instincts I had!

Cherryjellybean Thu 20-Feb-14 11:39:11

Meeee! I'm 21 weeks and I have some kind of pregnancy insomnia. Its driving me nuts! My brain really won't switch off.
Towards the end last time dh sometimes slept in the spare bed so we both could get some sleep.

K8eee Thu 20-Feb-14 16:20:19

I'm tempted to sleep in a separate room but love my morning cuddle with dh sad and knowing he's there (god I sound so soppy and pathetic)

Sunnyday14 Thu 20-Feb-14 19:13:00

I'm 7 weeks and have been waking up at 5 am with stomach ache/nausea for about a week. Driving me nuts...really hoping I get some respite before I get to later on!

weebigmamma Thu 20-Feb-14 20:41:07

I can't sleep either. DH has been in separate bed for most of the pregnancy as I toss and turn so much, but lately it's been worse than ever (33wks now). Averaging about 4 hrs a night.... knackered!

boydonewrongagain Thu 20-Feb-14 20:52:55

Oh I couldn't get comfy at all in either of my pregnancies as i had SPD even without SPD though I still couldn't get comfy.

The only thing that made me vaguely comfy were hundreds of strategically placed pillows but then once I got comfy I needed the loo again or got leg cramps.

I'm sure though that there is a law whereby it's OK to slap anyone who tellsvyou 'it's your body's way of preparing you for motherhood' I never got how extreme exhaustion helps you prepare...sleep is what helps you prepare lol

K8eee Thu 20-Feb-14 22:34:01

Tbh I thought that the whole lack of sleep thing was sort of preparing me for the sleepless nights. Strangely, I haven't napped today, but still can't switch off or get to sleep hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now