Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I am four days late and four tests all say negative

(8 Posts)
weemcgee Wed 19-Feb-14 21:18:40

Please can someone let me know if I could still be pregnant and if anyone has had a similar experience? I have pretty regular periods & never late. I am now four days late. I have taken four pregnancy tests, one which was at the doctors today which all say negative. Yesterday I noticed pink discharge when I wipe. Today it was the same except there was a little bit of blood but it was not bright red and not much when I wiped tonight. I still have not had my period. The doctor said to try another test if my period doesn't come after a week. He said the cramps I'm having could be my period coming. However, he did say it's probably not likely but I could still be pregnant. I have been feeling really tired, dizzy, nauseous and having cramps on and off for the past few days. I wondered if anyone has similar experience? I feel pregnant which is really confusing me.

SomethingOnce Wed 19-Feb-14 22:03:51

I think you just have to wait a couple of days and, if your period doesn't arrive, test again when you first wake up in the morning.

K8eee Thu 20-Feb-14 05:43:46

Wait at least a week at the earliest id say. I had a full blown period when I fell pregnant (must've caught the little blighter (egg that is!) just in time grin) test again after 7 days of being late. Oh and just a word of advice, the cheap tesco tests are just as good as clear blue IMHO.

weemcgee Thu 20-Feb-14 06:45:29

Hi it's typical now that I have posted this my period came this morning. Thanks for the advice just gutted I am not pregnant. Will defo be getting Tesco's next time! Spent a lot trying to find out. Thanks again!

SomethingOnce Thu 20-Feb-14 12:28:04

Sorry to hear that.

Good luck next month (pound shop cheapies are good so you can POAS to your heart's content without breaking the bank).

K8eee Thu 20-Feb-14 16:18:56

Sorry to hear that OP sad have fun trying though wink xx

weemcgee Thu 20-Feb-14 18:47:11

Thanks both of you! Xx

jamtoast12 Thu 20-Feb-14 23:25:17

Sorry op but Good luck keep trying smile

From experience I found any symptoms around when my period was due was def due to period, even if up to a week late. Pregnancy symptoms are usually later as they are caused by the hormone which is only produced after implantation (about 10 days post ovulation). The hormone has to build up to a significant level to cause symptoms of pregnancy which it won't have done that quickly.

Only mentioning it so you don't over analyse like I used to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now