Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm a newbie - can I have a bath in early pregnancy?

(18 Posts)
Sparkle9 Wed 19-Feb-14 20:22:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

notoneforselfies Wed 19-Feb-14 20:22:43

Yep. Enjoy.

MrsBungle Wed 19-Feb-14 20:24:18

Yes it is absolutely fine to have a bath.

sillymillyb Wed 19-Feb-14 20:24:53

Totally fine - enjoy smile

TerrariaMum Wed 19-Feb-14 20:26:27

Enjoy your last lone baths for a bit if you end up having DCs anything like mine. wink

PenguinsEatSpinach Wed 19-Feb-14 20:38:23

Yes it is fine. Just not lobster hot.

Sparkle9 Wed 19-Feb-14 20:49:03

SimLondon Wed 19-Feb-14 20:59:30

I haven't had a bath since I was pregnant :-( only have time for a shower these days :-)

NickyEds Wed 19-Feb-14 21:16:22

Absolutely fine- my midwife said not to have it too hot, but it was more to do with pregnant ladies fainting!! so normal bath is fine. Enjoy

ClearlyMoo Wed 19-Feb-14 23:04:36

It's fine, but I learned the hard way in early pregnancy that too hot bath can be a bad thing. Nearly passed out! I used to like my baths hotter than hot, but babies can't regulate their temp like you can and with all extra blood etc you won't cope as well with heat. Not something to stress/worry about, but just be mindful! Enjoy

jessplussomeonenew Wed 19-Feb-14 23:16:33

Like others I've heard baths are fine but I'd recommend taking it slowly getting out of the bath and not doing much for a little while afterwards just in case of dizzy spells.

Plateofcrumbs Thu 20-Feb-14 00:25:50

I tried googling for so-called 'safe' temperatures for baths whilst pregnant and they were tepid! After shivering through one bath I've given up. I do normally like a really hot bath though so maybe I'm just not acclimatised to 'normal temperature'.

notoneforselfies Thu 20-Feb-14 02:43:30

I used to have very hot baths but I am totally used to them so wasn't concerned about having dizzy spells. Don't worry about the babies temp too much - they don't need to regulate their temp yet as your uterus will be doing that just perfectly for them and keeping everything at the right temperature. Body temperature doesn't fluctuate that much so long as your head etc is out of the bath and able to sweat - your body will regulate itself just fine!

AlwaysDancing1234 Thu 20-Feb-14 08:15:21

Yes baths are ok and are lovely and soothing to have when you get a bit bigger. Just don't have the water too hot as your body finds it harder to regulate temperature in pregnancy and you may find yourself feeling dizzy or faint.
Buy a nice bubble bath and candles and enjoy!

Sparkle9 Thu 20-Feb-14 09:34:03

sarahquilt Thu 20-Feb-14 09:35:52

Have baths exactly as you normally would.

mrsmugoo Thu 20-Feb-14 09:42:57

I've given up on baths - can't get in or out without help, can't have them hot enough and can't lie on my back once in. Wholly unsatisfactory!

nc060 Thu 20-Feb-14 11:30:25

Yes baths are fine, I can definetly vouch for not going too hot though, I used to love a hot bath, then fell pregnant and got extremely dizzy the first time I had a bath, was only it for 5 mins and gave up!! We dont have a bath in the house so only really get one in hotels or at families, very jealous fo those who are able to ease their pregnancy pains in a bath!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now