Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is there such a thing as too much movement?

(9 Posts)
bankie123 Wed 19-Feb-14 20:01:36

I'm 38 weeks pregnant and for last hour or so the baby hasn't stopped moving. This is a wee bit unusual. Should I be worried? Or are all movements good?

The baby now has hiccups!

I'm just so worried about everything and feel super sensitive about everything!

All advice welcome. Thanks.

NickyEds Wed 19-Feb-14 21:22:46

It said in the books that movements slow towards the end but my DS (now 8 weeks)went crazy kicking right up until he was born (even during labour inbetween contractions). He was a constant hiccuper and still is! I'm sure everything's fine and MW are definately far more concerned with no movements than too many but they also don't mind being asked about these things if you're worried (have you had your 38 week MW appointment yet?). Try and relax-I know it's such a worry at this time- not long to go now!!!

RugbyWidow7 Wed 19-Feb-14 21:27:19

I'm also 38 weeks and was looking into this as well, but now feel fairly sure it's just the more wakeful and sleepy times of the baby's routine.

Yesterday the baby didn't stop moving from late lunch until I went to bed! It was really uncomfortable. Today, I've barely noticed it until dinner time and it's been going crazy ever since. I'm guessing this is playtime!

Movement has to be a strong, healthy sign surely!

SomethingOnce Wed 19-Feb-14 22:00:17

I've worried about wondered this too, but don't know the answer. I wonder if any midwives out there could enlighten us?

I had a hiccupper last time and even as a preschooler she still gets hiccups if she laughs too much! This one hiccups quite a lot too.

highlove Wed 19-Feb-14 22:01:58

I was worried about this a few days ago. I called and was told it's nothing to worry about. It went on for a day or so and I got myself really worked up so called again and pushed to go in. When we got there it was really busy so got left on the trace for about 80 mins, so much longer than usual, and we were told by both midwide and registrar it was a perfect trace. Baby has since calmed down and gone back to usual.

If in doubt, I would always call but chances are it's absolutely fine.

highlove Wed 19-Feb-14 22:03:00

*midwife. She wasn't that wide!

SomethingOnce Wed 19-Feb-14 23:20:42

That's good to know, highlove.

x0gawjus0x Thu 20-Feb-14 06:30:01

Yeah there is such thing .. Fetal distress can also be a lot of movement aswel as not much, they wouldn't let me go home u pin less she calmed and her heartrate went back to normal, but it did so all was fine

SomethingOnce Thu 20-Feb-14 12:21:56

[adds excessive movement to list of things to worry about]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now