Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When do baby's movements slow down.

(12 Posts)
SweetPea86 Wed 19-Feb-14 16:08:15

I'm 32 weeks and baby has been kicking, but they seem to be strong but less.
When do the get to big to be doing back flips.

Should I be worried ? Or I'm I over thinking every thing.

Mummyk1982 Wed 19-Feb-14 16:12:11

I'm 36 weeks and for last 2-3 weeks movements tend to be bigger but slower if that makes sense? She still has some slightly more energetic times and I still get the odd poke and punch- usually into the bladder which has me running to the loo!!! Can see her poking her bum in the air loads and rolling from side to side :-)

PenguinsEatSpinach Wed 19-Feb-14 16:42:13

I'm 31 amd definitely fewer massive flips but more shoves, elbows etc in the last week or two.

SomethingOnce Wed 19-Feb-14 16:51:04

I'm 33 weeks and same here.

The baby seems to have a busy time starting at about 11pm with some big movements and stretching out.

During the day, as well as the usual smaller movements, I notice the occasional strong shove downwards, which I take to be a head being pushed against my cervix area! It does make me feel like I need a wee.

weesazz Fri 21-Feb-14 17:07:11

DD never stopped moving!

AHardDaysWrite Fri 21-Feb-14 17:09:55

It is a myth that baby's movements slow down towards the end of pregnancy.

They may change the type of movements they do (they won't do as many somersaults) but should still be moving as regularly and strongly as before. If you think your baby's movements have slowed down or become less regular or seem weaker - please phone your antenatal ward for advice. They will NOT think you are wasting their time.

bonzo77 Fri 21-Feb-14 17:19:25

IME shortly before I go in to report reduced move bra and end up with early induction or CS. twice now. Go in FGS! Movements should not slow, or change in frequency / number of pattern. They might go from somersaults and turns to kicks, elbows and hiccups.

Cariad007 Fri 21-Feb-14 17:22:03

I had contractions AND reduced movements on Tuesday so went for some monitoring and ended up giving birth 12 hours later! He definitely slowed down towards the end but it's always worth getting it checked out.

lljkk Fri 21-Feb-14 17:41:09

Noticeable quiet periods from 3-5 weeks before birth? They start to have sleep patterns that are more like newborns/people.

boydonewrongagain Fri 21-Feb-14 17:46:13

If you've noticed them slowing down them get yourself checked.
You may also find it reassuring to keep a kick chart ie making note of what time of day baby kicks after doing this a day or two you will know your babies pattern of kicks and it will help you notice reduced movements if any occur. It also help as I was adviced to do one for reduced movements and I didn't realise how much my baby kicked I think its easy not to notice when you're not concentrating on kicks iyswim.

Writerwannabe83 Fri 21-Feb-14 17:52:11

I'm 35 weeks and if anything my baby is more active!!!

The movements have definitely changed in their strength and sensation but they definitely haven't slowed!!

mrsmugoo Fri 21-Feb-14 17:54:45

36+4 here and moving more than ever to be honest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now