Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nervously counting down to the scan

(22 Posts)
LittleMissPear Wed 19-Feb-14 08:38:59

Anyone else counting the days to their 12 weeks scan? Mine's on Friday 28 Feb - so 9 days away. It feels like forever!
Some days I feel so excited and confident everything will be ok and then some days (like today) I panic that something will be wrong. I've not felt many stretching feelings for a while for example, which worries me that its not growing, although my fatigue and nausea is awful!

Anyone want to wait and worry with me?

nc060 Wed 19-Feb-14 09:30:09

Mine is 25th Feb and has been booked for over 3 weeks and is actually at 13 weeks so feels like I have been waiting months!!! Totally feeling ya there!! x

MissSlackPants84 Wed 19-Feb-14 10:31:26

Im on count down to my 20 week scan which is due 3rd March. Feels like such a long time to wait between scans :-(

Waggamamma Wed 19-Feb-14 14:26:02

Mine is on 28th as well!! This last two months since my bfp have passed sooo slowly.

I had a mc last year so extra anxious about the 12wk scan. Although we did see a heartbeat at 7w+5d.

I've had terrible exhaustion and nausea but last week it has got slightly better. Which I should be happy about but actually it's just worrying.

Heatherbell1978 Wed 19-Feb-14 20:36:39

I had mine on 4th Feb and felt just like you. I had a m/c in November and got pregnant again straight away so it's been a roller-coaster of emotions! I didn't have much of a tummy (but was nauseous) so I couldn't quite believe there could be something in there. But there was! Amazing experience! x

Miriama Wed 19-Feb-14 21:16:09

Hello, my scan is on Thursday 27th and feeling like it might seem a bit more real, if you know what I mean! I'm bloated, suffering with nausea and sore boobs, but still not really sunk in! I'll be about ten weeks or so then, so probably time to let it sink in a bit more!

LittleMissPear Sun 23-Feb-14 17:26:02

Thanks for all your lovely messages ladies. So the scan is now 5 days away and if anything I'm getting more anxious the closer it gets. There is nothing to suggest that there is anything wrong....can someone tell me that it's more likely to go well than to go wrong? That's what I keep telling myself anyway. smile

whiteblossom Sun 23-Feb-14 18:22:27

littlemiss, my 12 week scan is on Friday too and I feel just like you do!

here's a hand to hold smile

LittleMissPear Sun 23-Feb-14 18:36:02

Thanks whiteblossom, here's mine to hold too! Can't imagine how I'm going to get through this week! Hope it goes quickly for you.

allisgood1 Sun 23-Feb-14 18:38:42

Im with you! Mine is Thursday. After 3 mc's I am nervous wreck!! Like you though, no really valid reasons to be concerned. Still experiencing exhaustion, sore boobs, and nausea. Jeans can no longer button and they did a few days ago...

LittleMissPear Mon 24-Feb-14 10:36:13

Hi allisgood, I hope that you are finding ways to manage the anxiety. My DH is really good at letting me rant all my worries out and then says something sensible to make me feel more positive. I had an mc last year, so I think it does have an impact on the worry levels. Good luck!

SnowboardingDuck Mon 24-Feb-14 18:51:15

I've got mine on the 6th march and it's been sooo long as I just want to tell all my friends and family (there's only so long I can be on antibiotics that stop me from drinking)...
But I've got one on Wednesday as started bleeding on Friday and had a miscarriage in November! So looking forwards to having two scans! X

dontevenblink Mon 24-Feb-14 22:45:26

Hi, mine is on Thursday too (but I'm 13 hours ahead here, so I suppose it'll actually be your Wednesday), so holding hands too smile

I am so, so nervous it's unbelievable - think I've almost managed to convince myself that something will definitely be wrong! I've been feeling nauseous in the mornings and am ridiculously tired, plus I'm starting to get a tummy, but I'm still not convinced...
DH says I should stop panicking as he says I was exactly the same with our last 3dc (this is dc4) but I think part of me thinks we can't be so lucky to have 4 healthy dc.
I am such a worrier though, I am my worst enemy grin.

Does anyone else keep having vivid dreams about it? I've dreamed a few times they couldn't find anything, and then I had a dream they found twins - which totally freaked me out grin

SignoraStronza Mon 24-Feb-14 22:50:37

Mine is on 10th March, so two weeks to go. Am not getting excited about it - is so unlike my previous pregnancies I've convinced myself something isn't quite right.

Miriama Thu 27-Feb-14 11:25:09

Just had my scan, and it was really amazing to see little Hygge (nickname) wriggling around inside, all looks well so fingers crossed for all the rest of you lovely ladies!

rockin20s Thu 27-Feb-14 11:31:34

mine is the 10th, just want the days to hurry up, i do have a midwife appointment on the 5th so im hoping she will use a doppler and i will at least be able to hear the heartbeat. i had a US at 7w2d and saw the heartbeat then but that seems so long ago now!

Inbl00m Thu 27-Feb-14 19:25:09

Signora and rockin Mine's on the 10th too... Trying hard to distract myself in the meantime!

VJONES1985 Thu 27-Feb-14 20:18:47

You will all be fine. While there is always a small chance of problems (especially at this early stage), chances are you would know about it by now
I was nervous too and got fed up of people telling me to relax and enjoy it. But everything was fine. I know it's hard to believe sometimes that everything is going to be okay, but most likely, it will be! I relaxed after my scan and don't really worry about anything now, ha ha.

Girlsville Fri 28-Feb-14 08:13:06

Good luck OP. Mine is also today! V anxious x

LittleMissPear Fri 28-Feb-14 15:28:33

Thanks for all your lovely messages ladies. Had a successful scan this morning and got a lovely picture. The little one wouldn't cooporate so we couldn't get the nuchal fold measurement but I am not that worried. My due date got put back by a full week, which although I knew might happen, it is a bit of a pain to have to do that whole week again.

I am so relieved! And now we get the fun art of telling everyone.

Girlsville and whiteblossom - I hope it was all good news for you too?

Waggamamma Fri 28-Feb-14 15:46:17

Congrats op! I also had a good scan today grin . So lovely and such relief.

My due date got put forward by a week which was surprising. I didn't want to NT test but the sonographer said she probably wouldn't be able tp get accurate measurements anyway.

Girlsville Fri 28-Feb-14 16:50:23

So pleased for everyone who had good scans today. Mine was also good , the baby looks fine. So relieved! My due date also put forward which I was a bit surprised about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now