Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nearly 8 weeks and so poorly :-(

(13 Posts)
Lauralooby Wed 19-Feb-14 08:37:09

Hi everyone , I'm only 7 weeks pregnant with my third child. I'm feeling sooo sick all day and night I'm also exhausted. I didn't have this with the girls when I was pregnant or maybe it was becasue I was only 19 the first time round and now I'm 26 and my body just isn't coping well at all. Any ideas what I can do about the sickness and extreme fatigue? ( getting rest is no option as it's half term) ha. Another quick question is I have has my nipples pierced it didn't have it with the girls so I was able to bf both of them for a year will I be able to feed this baby!? :-/

Kindest regards Laura x

weebairn Wed 19-Feb-14 08:48:31

I think nipple piercing shouldn't be a problem.

kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/lifestyle/mom-activities/#piercing

And as to the rest - massive sympathies. I am 8 weeks and crippled with tiredness and sickness. I work a stupidly busy job and have a toddler. I keep telling myself IT WILL PASS. All you can do is try and get some rest and recruit some help in, do you have a DH/DP who could give you more of a hand, or another friend/family member. This bit will pass.

weebairn Wed 19-Feb-14 08:49:53

another link

Jess03 Wed 19-Feb-14 09:33:03

I just called in sick for the second time in 2 weeks, also 8 wks pg. and also much worse this time than with dd 4 yrs ago. So fed up with feeling rubbish and eating lots of junk as it's all that seems to help...

Lauralooby Wed 19-Feb-14 09:43:27

Awwww thank you weebairn those links are really helpful. :-) just would be devastated if I couldn't feed.

Jess it's awful isn't it I literally have no energy at all I ant stomach any foods or fluids I did drink orange and passion fruit for a few weeks as that was all I could drink but now I can't drink a thing! I'm forcing myself to have water but even that makes me feel really sick! :-( I just pray that at 12 weeks it stops! It's harder as I'm separated from my husband so it's not like I can get him to mind the girls whilst I nap. Arghhhhhh! Feeling slightly sorry for myself and emotional! Need to man up!!!
X

Missingcaffeine Wed 19-Feb-14 10:16:01

Last week was the worst for me. I'm 8+4, and the last 2 days I've felt closer to normal than I have in weeks. I've had no energy and constant nausea. I think keeping hydrated helps - as the nausea seems to get worse the moment I'm dehydrated. Also, eating regularly, whatever you can stomach helps - as again, I think the nausea gets worse when I go too long without eating. As for rest, just get whatever you can, but I don't envy you! I don't have any children to look after, just me and a full time job - but at least if I'm desperate I can call in sick, so I really don't know how people manage feeling awful and having responsibilities. I would ask anyone you might be able to ask for a bit of help and support (friends/family) and call favours from anyone you can! You should start feeling better over the next few weeks, so hopefully it won't be for too long and you can make it up to them and show how grateful you are.

Jess03 Wed 19-Feb-14 15:55:13

Yes here's hoping the last 4 weeks are the finale of this... I don't know how anyone copes with other dc day in day out, at least I only have that 3 days a week!

Lauralooby Wed 19-Feb-14 18:36:40

Well after the worse sick day of my life today and a full day of slides and rubbing around a children's play area I can officially say I am stopping after this baby!!! I'm ruined! Roll on 12 weeks and enjoying food again. Arghhhh I didn't realise how lucky I had been with the other two pregnancies I had diabetes in my last pregnancy and that's likely to come back again in this one but I never felt this vile!!! I though I was meant to glow I look like I'v been partying solidly for a week! Ha! Bed for me I think at urmmm 7pm! Rock n roll ladies! X

Lauralooby Wed 19-Feb-14 18:37:08

Not rubbing!!!!!! Ha RUNNING!!!!

SummerRain Wed 19-Feb-14 18:46:26

Take the piercings out now and you'll be fine. If you leave them in they'll get sore and dig in as your breasts swell up. I've fed 3 babies and the only difference between my pierced nipple and the other was a bit more leaking from the pierced side.

Some pregnancies just affect you more badly than others, I was totally incapacitated during the first few months of ds2's pregnancy and he was my third too... I think having kids already and not being able to take it easy doesn't help.

smearedinfood Thu 20-Feb-14 21:53:08

Maybe get your iron checked, babies tend to hog your supply a bit. I felt better after 3 days of taking some

weebairn Sat 22-Feb-14 19:20:02

How are we all doing?

I was almost in tears today the sickness is so grim. I'm not vomiting, but am nauseous all the time. If I eat it goes for maybe 10 minutes. Yesterday I ate 6 small meals instead of 3 but it didn't really help at all so I'm just trying to eat normally. If it doesn't make me feel better what's the point in eating loads of shit… Boyfriend is being nice and doing all the cooking and most of the childcare but it feels like there is no end in sight. Long hours at work next week, and no one there knows.

God I was so thrilled to be pregnant a month ago!!

I am 9 weeks now.

Lozmatoz Sat 22-Feb-14 21:23:05

I've been really unwell too. Try vitamin B6, it has worked wonders for me. Still tired and starving but sickness massively improved!

Good luck!
Ps 26!!!?!?! Not old!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now