Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what does very early labor feel like

(12 Posts)
Wombat79 Wed 19-Feb-14 07:41:31

I am 40 weeks today and been loosing my mucus plug for 48 hours. Also had an increase in back pain and cramping but not in contraction type waves. Its been more continuous when it happens but then settles for a few hours then returns. Also had an increase in bowel movements, reduced appetite. I was wondering if I was in the very early stages of labor or whether this is just late pregnancy stuff.
What symptoms did people notice before obvious contractions started? If any! Maybe I am wishful thinking;-)

Julietee Wed 19-Feb-14 08:37:41

That does sound like you're gearing up.

PastaandCheese Wed 19-Feb-14 08:45:08

Like that! Can last a few days or ramp up fairly quickly into the real deal.

Try and rest and eat something for now.

Reminder Wed 19-Feb-14 08:57:35

Any ridiculous cleaning urges? That really did happen to me. I'd spent all afternoon on my feet at a birthday BBQ, suffering the symptoms you describe and when we got home I scrubbed the kitchen floor. Proper on my knees with a scrubbing brush, not a quick mop over either hmm

Generally speaking the floor has to be pretty bad for me to even notice it...

LST Wed 19-Feb-14 09:48:21

That's how I started. It went rather quick though.

Wombat79 Wed 19-Feb-14 10:16:41

Thanks everyone, cleaned he floor a few days ago and done all the washing, stocked up on lots of washing powder, softner etc for when baby arrives so I don't have to get any for a while. Now I just have this affinity for lying over my gym ball (like on all 4's).
Fingers crossed I am making progress. I have a midwife appointment later, hopefully she'll report I am making some progress. Would be so grateful if I could go into a natural labour.

AlwaysDancing1234 Wed 19-Feb-14 14:27:41

It does sound like the start of something, your body is getting ready. Get as much rest as you can and I hope your midwife has good news for you

Wombat79 Wed 19-Feb-14 15:44:01

Good news from the midwife is that finally I am engaged (been free up until now). Just had a bloody show, still very irregular/on/off back and crampy pains. Fingers crossed for the next few days. Heading the right direction though which is positive.

AlwaysDancing1234 Wed 19-Feb-14 18:48:20

Hopefully you will have a lovely snuggly newborn by the weekend then! Good luck thanks

FastWindow Wed 19-Feb-14 18:50:11

Woohoo! Live birth thread?!!

Sounds like the start of it. Any (sorry) diarrhoea? That's a good indication....

Wombat79 Thu 20-Feb-14 07:54:49

Yep been on the toilet several times a day since monday! Think I was getting very mild but regular contractions since 1.30am but still not sure this morning. Crampy and tightening but nothing too major yet. I am fairly relaxed as realise its going to be stop start but yes, a snuggly newborn by the weekend would be nice.

FastWindow Thu 20-Feb-14 13:48:49

Hi there.

Oh... I nearly fell into the trap of asking about twinges!!

Ignore.

Just... I hope you give us an update soon? Is that oK to say grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now