Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

GTT and fainting

(8 Posts)
Nahmate Tue 18-Feb-14 22:05:04

Hi all smile

I have to have a GTT, but halfway through the two hour wait I pass out which after that I get sent home and told to do the test again - apparently I have to keep going till it's done.

Any one else experienced this? I'm seriously getting fed as I feel crap all day afterwards.

The reason I'm having a test is because my last baby was 9lbs 4

Thanks in advance I'm off to bed will check in in morning

Nahmate Tue 18-Feb-14 22:07:09

Sorry very badly written!! So sleep deprived lately sad

SweetPea86 Tue 18-Feb-14 23:00:13

Hi Hun I had mine today, I was so scared about having it done coz I had a blood test a few weeks ago and fainted.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I was so worried about being sick half way through.

I told the lady I would Probaly faint and she said ok lay down while I do the blood tests and try and relax. That really helped because past blood tests I've been sat upright.

Easy said than done try not to worry I did and it ended up being ok. Even the two hours sitting wasn't that bad, I took magazine in and people watched lol

Hellymummy Tue 18-Feb-14 23:05:08

I've got mine next week and abs dreading it! I'm worried to death about fainting because I've not had anything to eat!!

Aaliyah1 Tue 18-Feb-14 23:27:01

Request a super early appointment. So there will be less time without food.

Nahmate Wed 19-Feb-14 10:30:20

Thanks for the replies smile

Sweetpea - thank you I found your post reassuring smile I hope you get good results!

hellymummy - good luck for next week I hope it all goes well! Mines next week aswell.

Aaliyah - thank you for that, I called and the earliest I could have was 8am smile

tobiasfunke Wed 19-Feb-14 10:37:07

You could just get them to give you a blood monitor and monitor your blood sugars for a week or so. That's what they would do if you were diagnosed with GD anyway. Then if they were high they would give you the medication anyway.

I had a GTT when I was pregnant which was carried out wrongly (they took the second load of bloods after one hour instead of 2). I ended up with a diagnosis of GD but my blood sugar monitoring showed that in fact my sugars were normal to the low side. Unfortunately for me they said I probably didn't have it but it was too near 40 weeks to bother redoing it. So I ended up with all the complications of a GD diagnosis at delivery when I didn't have GD.

mrsmugoo Wed 19-Feb-14 13:05:40

I have a GTT on Friday when I'll be 36+5 - I don't really see the point but playing ball...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now