Talk

Advanced search

Am I pregnant? Advice please!!

(6 Posts)
Lec85 Tue 18-Feb-14 20:21:57

Hi, I'm really confused right now about whether I'm actually pregnant. Af was due on 08/02. I had light spotting on 08/02 but it stopped the next day so a few days later I did a test and got a Bfp on clear blue digital. On Sunday I started spotting again. It got heavier yesterday so I did another test and still got a clear Bfp. I went to my gp this morning, she did an internal exam and said everything looked fine but then did a pregnancy test and it came up bfn. The doctor said go back in two weeks. I did another clear blue test this evening at home and it's still a clear Bfp. Am I pregnant or not.? If I'd had an early miscarriage would the test still show positive?

NewJobNewLife Tue 18-Feb-14 20:28:12

I have no idea whether you're pregnant it not, but to answer your question, you can continue to get bfp on pregnancy tests for several weeks after a miscarriage.

I really hope you get the result you want smile

ImBrian Tue 18-Feb-14 20:55:06

The digital tests will just be more sensitive then the doctors ones I would think. Fingers crossed for you.

Lec85 Tue 18-Feb-14 22:22:06

Thank you both. Will wait a few days and test again. Fingers crossed!!

Bornin1984 Tue 18-Feb-14 22:23:26

I would go to early pregnancy unit and explain to them and see if they will take bloods and then more bloods 48 hours afterward!! It not great but better than waiting 2 weeks!!good luck

FlatsInDagenham Tue 18-Feb-14 22:30:56

I had the following advice on here a couple of years ago in similar circumstances ...

Go and get a mirror and have a good look at your lady bits. If they look darker / more purple than usual, you are probably pregnant.

Not scientific, but I followed this advice and my pregnancy was confirmed a few days later.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now