Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3rd trimester anxiety

(2 Posts)
bankie123 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:36:14

I am currently 38 weeks pregnant and was at the hospital today as I have low platelets of 98. My blood pressure was also high while I was there so was kept in day centre for an hour so it could be monitored along with baby's heartbeat. My urine was clear so no pre-eclampsia and my blood pressure did settle. I have to go back on Friday for the same monitoring but I now feel terrible anxiety and just want the baby here and to be ok. Im terrified of something bad happening to the baby.

I know it's out with my control but I just want the baby to be safely delivered. The doctor did mention the possibly of induction but think she would prefer just to keep monitoring me.

Is anyone else out there feeling anxiety? Hand-hold please.

Spaghettinetti Tue 18-Feb-14 18:49:22

I was just about to post on the same issue! I'm only 30 weeks, but feel just like you. I had high BP at booking in and as a consequence was referred to the consultant. Since the initial appointment my BP has been fine, until a couple of weeks ago. Ever since finding out about a possible VSD in the baby's heart, I've been feeling anxious and my sister telling me horror stories about her labours doesn't help...my chest feels tight and I keep having to take deep breaths...the smallest things can make me angry or cry...and I've just got this overwhelming sense of 'worry' and share your fears. It's rubbish, because this should be a happy time and I want to enjoy it...but I just can't seem to calm myself down... Maybe mutual hugs will help us both feel better? Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now