Talk

Advanced search

Head engaging???

(5 Posts)
Mummyk1982 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:04:50

Hi all,

So today been feeling like baby girl is lower, was really tricky driving earlier as legs didn't want to move on the peddles- particularly if moving legs together. Walking round sainsburys was v uncomfortable- just felt heavy low down. Been needing to pee heaps for several days now (though not so bad overnight). Getting occasional light stabbing sensations down below. No cramping or anything. Am 36 weeks tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone knows whether these sensations might be her head engaging?
Thanks in advance!

SweetPea86 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:54:17

When I went to my 28 weeks midwfie app she felt my tummy and said baby was head down already.

It's quite painful I'm now 32 weeks and it's like a rubbing sensation on my pelvic bones. I walk for a bit and I'm in agony.

I'm just he either head butted me or punched me the other day I nearly fell over and the pain took my breath away. Only last for a second but for the rest of the day I felt like I needed the loo constantly.

My friend also in her first pregnancy had the same problem with baby head down before pelvic bones softened so was quite painful.

Mummyk1982 Tue 18-Feb-14 21:10:25

Anyone else?

Rockchick1984 Tue 18-Feb-14 23:33:33

Sounds like it could be - sadly I don't think there's any correlation between when the head engages and when you will deliver, my first pregnancy DS was fully engaged from 32 weeks, and he arrived on his due date. Meant I had 8 weeks of peeing constantly and walking like I had a bowling ball between my legs, but I got no heartburn / indigestion so wasn't complaining too much smile

Mummyk1982 Wed 19-Feb-14 16:09:33

Had midwife today, she said 3/5 palpable, so 2/5 engaged- horray! I wasn't just imagining the sensation!!:-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now