Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Amount of movement at 21-22 weeks

(4 Posts)
malterserslover Tue 18-Feb-14 15:11:35

How much movement did you feel at 21-22 weeks? Did/does your baby have an established routine or does it still vary hugely?

I am asking as I could start feeling movements from about 18 week onwards - first they were here and there but from about 19.5 -20 weeks I seemed to think they were quite regular (ie. I would often feel baby first thing and then again quite a lot in the evening, rarely during the day though!). I am now nearly 22 weeks and I don't think the amount of movement has increased. The baby still does not seem to move during the day. I don't think it is anything to worry about as I get the movements everyday but I suppose I thought the amount would have increased given that I did have 1 or 2 days last week when baby was a quite lot more active and the movements seemed more pronounced (ie. DP could feel them!) but maybe it was down to it's position?

MyNameIsWinkly Tue 18-Feb-14 15:15:05

This is my first baby, I'm 21+5, and have been feeling movement for about 2 weeks. I haven't noticed any particular pattern yet, except that she seems to be livelyin the early morning (half 5 or so.) Possibly during the day you're not feeling your baby because you're busy and the movement is still fairly gentle.

TheScience Tue 18-Feb-14 15:17:41

Your baby is still tiny, so they can easily get into a position where you can't feel them or can't feel them so well. I think it's about 26-28 weeks when you can start expecting movements to become a bit more regular and you need to start monitoring them.

malterserslover Tue 18-Feb-14 15:27:25

Thanks - I knew I should not worry (particularly when the baby DOES move everyday)....Ooh just so easy to get carried away with worries!!

It is first one for me too so does not help that don't quite know what to expect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now