Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

how much water to drink??

(6 Posts)
flymo79 Tue 18-Feb-14 14:14:38

I saw the MW yesterday who said I needed to drink more. I was surprised as my sample was quite pale and I had drank about 1L that morning. I do know I sometimes take a while to get hydrated (i.e. don't wee so much in the morning but during the afternoon am constantly up and down to the loo!) but wondered if anyone had the difinitive on how much water to drink throughout the day?
I'm 16+3
Thanks!!

Julietee Tue 18-Feb-14 16:20:50

Uh, I'd say as much as you feel like? I worry about getting dehydrated but not about the overall amount I'm drinking. Some midwives have odd bees in their bonnets.

PenguinsEatSpinach Tue 18-Feb-14 16:23:24

A normal amount of water.

Just not all in the hour before bed.wink

Emilycee Tue 18-Feb-14 16:38:18

I used to drink 2 litres of water a day until I got pregnan t. Then water and drinking lots of it made me feel sick. I now struggle to drink it unless it has lemon and ice in it bizarrely and through a straw!

I craved fizzy drinks for a long while, then orange juice (all of the sugary crap) but just thought that as long as Iam not thirsty then my body knows what it needs...

I couldn't tell you how much I am actually drinking however.. I think just listen to your body.

theborrower Tue 18-Feb-14 16:49:41

If your wee was quite pale in colour, I'm surprised too. If it was dark then that would have meant you were a bit dehydrated confused

flymo79 Tue 18-Feb-14 16:53:22

thanks all - I was surprised, DP said that it was just "something for her to say" as clearly there was nothing else about my wee to comment on. hmmmm. She asked if it was stinging when I wee'd. Um, no. I might have said something as I'm aware that is entirely not normal! ho hum. I know there are FAR bigger things to worry about, just wondered if I'd totally missed some mega important guidance somewhere.... So I guess not! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now